1 of 1 in North America: Toyota FJ22 Diesel L Blizzard Convertible

Mike Serpe

Observer
SOLD

The rarest of all 4wd Toyotas in America.
This car just out of storage and freshened lightly, but still very original.
No stories, great collector worthy vehicle that is reliable and super fun.
Attracts overwhelming attention wherever it goes.

This is one of very few Blizzards ever completely constructed by Toyota in Japan.
The L series diesel Toyota motor is similar to a 3B but at 2188 cc. It gets 36mpg with the 4 speed manual gearbox.
Asin hubs and two speed part time 4wd transfer case.

Incredible!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280876014263

DSC03165.jpg

Last edited:

Toyotero

Explorer
The Diahatsu Scat! ;-)

Very cool, I've wanted one of those mini LCs for a long time.

Wow, that's a pretty high price... easily double what a similar J40 would go for.

Mike Serpe

Observer
FJ22 Blizzards

The Diahatsu Scat! ;-)

Very cool, I've wanted one of those mini LCs for a long time.

Wow, that's a pretty high price... easily double what a similar J40 would go for.

Yup, except FJ40s are dime a dozen, while this model, well... it's the only one available
and you can't get any more rare than 1 of 1

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
There was one in Boston a couple of years ago.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/16480-Toyota-Blizzard

Car Description: 1980 TOYOTA BLIZZARD LD10, VERY RARE VEHICLE. 4 SPEED WITH 4H AND 4L TRANSFER CASE. ELIGIBLE FOR IMPORT IN USA.

Roof: SOFTOP
Engine: 2.2D
Cylinder: 4
Shift: manual
Brakes: DRUM FRONT AND REAR
Air Conditioner: NO
Wheel: 4WD
Mileage: 57000
Body:
Seat: 4
Fuel: D
Other:
Arrived in: RICHMOND STOCK
Available: Sold
Available Stock: LD10
Price: $8500

5V98014189F.jpg

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Thats perfect! I can just load it in the back of my truck like a quad and take it wherever I want.

In all honesty it is a pretty cool vehicle and the seller probably wont have any problems getting rid of it at that price.

Mike Serpe

Observer
SOLD: 1983 Blizzard Convertible

Thats perfect! I can just load it in the back of my truck like a quad and take it wherever I want.

In all honesty it is a pretty cool vehicle and the seller probably wont have any problems getting rid of it at that price.

Yes we had a lot of offers. Turns out that other one that was in BC appears to have been taken out of North America, but we are not sure if it ever came back.
Anyways, we are very happy that the new owner is local, and will use and cherish the vehicle as its intended. Thanks to all those who also submitted offers on it.
We have one other one, which is a hardtop FJ22 diesel. It is now on ebay. This one is 1 of 3 in North America.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyo...-FJ-22-Blizzard-1-of-3-in-North-/280879566488

jfarsang

Adventurer
This one is 1 of 3 in North America.
There's 5 of them in Vancouver, BC. Two in Langley and one here in Kits where I live and are all diesels. 2LT engine. I've seen a few in the Kelowna/Nelson area as well. They are around. Mostly up here in Canada and have been imported from Japan. They are around $6-9k landed for a grade 4/great shape one here in Canada. Not sure of what it costs to import down in the US.

This 1989 2.4L Diesel SX5 model sold for 78,000JPY last week = $2,890 USD landed, customs, taxes sitting in your driveway.

78,000km's = 48,000 miles

They are in the 'kei' class. Pretty cool little rigs.

4IuzCwB6Lua4jzKEDpTRXZOJDqxPBttFSc4OQ2ixKQxJFCmiRc7U8AFiT4aZC79hvRkVYc1xFW-mlSDpDDQCLHS72.jpg

2myH0mB6pRfNh6pylNuoVXJorFEEWvmg6WlWDCZPDz4cIChIHJaeJklvrTvNsd9ZbI5x0FVuG-mlSDpDDQCLHS72.jpg

v2m5autRSo9xpPyYPaMLG6E0pV7A9zjtH4htzX1evW3sQcn1gziYyedWBYeCw8nGSabYXUN-mlSDpDDQCLHS72.jpg

Mike Serpe

Observer
not the same car

Not the same truck... that is a totally different vehicle... although they re-used the Blizzard name on it.

juan2013

Blizzard LD10

Not the same truck... that is a totally different vehicle... although they re-used the Blizzard name on it.

Got one here from the Philippines. very rare indeed. even the parts and accessories. :)

Attachments

• yota.jpg
    yota.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 314

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles