Unimogs for sale

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
FYI - A number of Unimogs for sale. They are Ex Irish Electricity Supply Board (ESB).
I was at a similar auction a few weeks ago looking for a Vario and a number of these sold for about €5k. The looked like they are mechanically well looked after - but needed a fair bit of cosmetic work.

http://www.hanleysales.com/index.php/esbeircom-auction.html

I'll probably be heading down to this auction also if I can confirm there is at least one single cab Vario.

Ian

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
Just out of curiosity
Can the frames/wheelbase on the U140L and U1750L be stretched?
By how much?
Maybe I'll look at one of these instead of a Vario if I can stretch it.

Only thing is - I know 80-90% of driving will be on normal roads....

Iain_U1250

Explorer
It is a lot of effort stretch a Unimog frame - the torque tubes enclose the propshafts made it very difficult. The chassis is made out of heat treated steel, and you will need a place with proper MB certification to cut and extend the chassis, it's not something your average truck builder can or should do - not if it s going to spend a lot of time off road. A U1750L is quite a big truck, and if you need longer - have a look at the Unicat website to see how big they are. If you need bigger, then you will have to look for a U2150 6x6.

4x4coaster

Adventurer
Someone in WA went to the trouble of buying them and importing them (RHD). And they want to make a bit on them.
I wonder if they have working gears - probably not.

Charlie

4x4coaster

Adventurer
Someone in WA went to the trouble of buying them and importing them (RHD). And they want to make a bit on them.
I wonder if they have working gears - probably not.

Charlie

Hey Charlie, that guy is only selling them. The Australian Armed Forces would have bought them brand new as RHD and are now retiring them with only 20,000 on the clock. They would have been properly serviced and maintained for their entire life.

The guy selling them no doubt put in a bid to buy the lot and would have outlayed a large sum, although I'm sure a fair bit less than 65k each!

If I had a spare 65k laying around I'd buy one!!!

Iain_U1250

Explorer
They are LHD ex-military. They are in Europe at the moment, owned by someone else and will they also need to be converted to RHD.

Australia has not started selling their Unimogs yet, however rumour has it that some of the older ones with HIABS have been shipped to an Auction house to be sold in the near future, as the HIABs are out of date and will need to be re-certified and the cost of that is more than the Mogs are worth. It is likely that they will be "decommissioned" and sold only as spare parts, due to the liability of having the the cranes on the trucks.

Landroverholic

Observer
I guess the question is on everybodies mind in Australia is will they actually become available?

I would rather import one from UK/Europe than pay the stupid money that is asked for 4WD truck in Aus.

Watching closely

Callum

Nashy99

Quick search of the web reveals that the rumour of Aus armed forces retiring their Unimogs goes back nearly 10 years. I know that the submissions on how best to dispose of them closed November 2011. So I wouldn't be holding my breath for one any time soon.

"I would rather import one from UK/Europe than pay the stupid money that is asked for 4WD truck in Aus."

Go right ahead by the time you pay for everything you will see there is not a lot of markup

4x4coaster

Adventurer
Australian armed forces Unimogs for sale - check Grays Online auctions & search for unimog or ex military. Landrovers & other vehicles for sale as well.

HauserCindy

U1300L Excursion Camper for sale

1987 Unimog Camper
U1300L Fast Axel Turbo Charged
5.7 L Deisel Engine
30,000 Km
~18 miles/ gal
16,500lb winch. 70 gallon fresh water tank (in front of dinnet). 12V converter.
Furnace (25,000 btu) / AC/ Water heater. Fridge/ Microwave/Stove. Solar hook ups. Roof vent. Indoor cassette toilet, outdoor shower. Sleeps 3.

The one picture with the wall cutout is - outside: 5/8" FRP. insulation: 1.5" high density foam. inside: .5 " plywood & 1/8 FRP finish laminate. cage is made of square tubing, top frame is 3.5" x 1.5"

Height: 11'7"
Width: 7'8"
Box length: 12'

21231946_888966267920846_7070055983782327187_n.jpg

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
1987 Unimog Camper
U1300L Fast Axel Turbo Charged
5.7 L Deisel Engine
30,000 Km
~18 miles/ gal
16,500lb winch. 70 gallon fresh water tank (in front of dinnet). 12V converter.
Furnace (25,000 btu) / AC/ Water heater. Fridge/ Microwave/Stove. Solar hook ups. Roof vent. Indoor cassette toilet, outdoor shower. Sleeps 3.

The one picture with the wall cutout is - outside: 5/8" FRP. insulation: 1.5" high density foam. inside: .5 " plywood & 1/8 FRP finish laminate. cage is made of square tubing, top frame is 3.5" x 1.5"

Height: 11'7"
Width: 7'8"
Box length: 12'

View attachment 417245

listed for $58,000.00 http://unimogshop.com/ads/1987-unimog-u1300l-expedition-camper/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles