Problems with Mog Import.....Need some opinions.

Mjolnir

Observer
So at this point I have decided not to take this truck. Thanks everybody for giving your 2 cents. The big bummer is there is no real chance of me finding a U1300L with OM366A and fast axles in as good a shape as this one for as cheap 27K without going to Germany and finding one. I have no idea where to even start which is why I used an importer in the first place. Back to the drawing board and set back by two years. Not how I saw my first Unimog experience. On the bright side it gives me more time to plan the cabin.

Mjolnir

LukeH

Adventurer
Good call IMHO!
Don't despair, the right vehicle will pop up eventually; although I feel the 1017 or more powerful is so much better suited to long distance travel.
You should read Steven Stewart's accounts of mogging across the continents.
When you consider the prices in Europe it's got to be worth a trip.
Bring the family and make a holiday of it (if you can get that much time off).
Happy hunting

Last edited:

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Looks like fork lift damage to me as someone probably noted. The parts will be expensive but probably repairable. My guess is insurance will treat you just fine. If you do want the truck and it is decent/not rusty in person, Any decent 4WD vehicle or a handful of people I could probably recommend in BC could repair that easily...

Just my $.02

Mjolnir

Observer
Its been a long discouraged time since I last posted about this mess. Going on 5 years and still no resolution.

I did in fact buy another unimog though. I will be starting a build thread in the Camper section very soon to track the progress while my wife and I spend the next four years getting ready for an extended vacation......Like 2-3 years long......

Here are a couple of pictures of Mjolnir or "Das Maultier" as he is affectionately know :)

Attachments

• MogTilt.jpg
    MogTilt.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 20
  • leaving.jpg
    leaving.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 22

Forum statistics

Threads