New Guy Trailer Build Thread

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Wow, that is amazing! What a steel of a deal! What a nice truck, and with that engine/tranny it should scoot right on down the road nicely.

I concur with Mark as well, trucks back then just seem to last. I mean you see trucks that age rusted out with massive trees coming up through the engine compartment, and they look like if you hacked down the tree, the rest of the truck could be put back together. I doubt anyone recons that their new ford or toyota will do look as good in fifty plus years.

Awesome, thanks a lot for sharing, very cool stuff.

HuskerJeep

Adventurer
Yep and thanks. It is pretty amazing how much heavier the material is that they use on the trucks back then. Comparing that to say the hood of my Dodge, it's like comparing a soup can to a pop can. Haha

HuskerJeep

Adventurer
So far two more successful trips with the trailer this year. Here is a picture from the first....

and the last one....

Team effort. :p

Being from Nebraska not too many people have seen the RTT's. They always lead to some good conversation and I actually had two guys take my number for me to potentially build them trailers, or for if I decide to sell at the end of the camping season. Pretty sure the last one would have handed over 4k right then and there. :) Oh yeah, If you've never been to Lake McConaughy, you should. :)

HuskerJeep

Adventurer
Back from the days of lurking since nothing else has been done with the trailer other then using.

I got another Jeep earlier this year that I'd like to do a 4-5 day trip through the Nebraska canyon areas with it. With it being the stock 4.0L, fuel expense should be a lot nicer. Don't pay attention to my daughter photobombing the picture from inside the truck. I let her pull for the first time ever that trip. I might make her do it full time from now on. :sombrero:

Attachments

• 20140405_160441.jpg
    20140405_160441.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 58

HuskerJeep

Adventurer
Anybody know why my pictures no longer work? I've made the album public and still no luck. It's fun looking back at the build every once in a while. Any tips?

ottsville

Observer
Anybody know why my pictures no longer work? I've made the album public and still no luck. It's fun looking back at the build every once in a while. Any tips?

Photobucket is no longer allowing third party hosting.

There are browser extensions to work around this. For chrome you want "photobucket hotlink fix."

HuskerJeep

Adventurer
Frustrating. I'll look into it. Thanks. I've got plans to do another trailer and would love to document that build too. This one might be for sale too. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94