Info on standard IRLP and IRLP Reflector use.

MossMan

Adventurer
I was punching in 9251. I just found this on the repeater/node website:

Because Of Echolink And Wires On This Node Reflectors Are Blocked

:(

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
hmmm

The only other node is #8550 in Buckhannon, WV. I don't know anything about the topography in WV - is that within range for you? Looka to be a long way by road, but line of site could be different...

MossMan

Adventurer
Yep, it's a long way, even as the crow flies. Plus WV is very rugged. Not sharp and pointy like the Rockies but steep and hilly nonetheless. There's nothing flat and straight road exists only stretchs of a mile or less, unless you're in the far west part of the state towars the Ohio River. Buchanon is just about dead center of the most mountainous part of that state. I should be able to hit it from our place in Canaan Valley but I'm not up there very often. Oh well.

Last edited:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
(Raises hand)

If I want to attend an ExPo net meeting and I am using a 2M VHF radio, where can I find info that will tell me if there are any repeaters in my area that can connect to the Western Reflector node used for the net?

I imagine there are lists of repeaters that might say what can be used. But I am looking for my local area (Arizona) and I can't seem to find info to tell me how to make the connection.

Thanks

[edit: the last time I connected from here, I used 147.56, but I think Mark said that is no longer usable (?) ]

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Thank you for the info Mark. I plan to get a dual-bander one of these days (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Okay...newbie question of the day.

I can hit two IRLP repeaters (FYI Mark...I can hit Prescott's on high power! Grand Canyon, on Bill Wms. Mtn. is the other.).

Once controlling the IRLP node, is there another process to connect to the Western Reflector?

-H-
(Getting there...slowly...hoping to not step on any toes...:elkgrin: )

Paul R

Adventurer
Hltoppr said:

I can hit two IRLP repeaters (FYI Mark...I can hit Prescott's on high power! Grand Canyon, on Bill Wms. Mtn. is the other.).

Once controlling the IRLP node, is there another process to connect to the Western Reflector?

-H-

After controlling the node (I am assuming there is a code you typed to do this) then you type in the node you want to connect to, 9251 for the node the ExPo net is usually on (you do this by pressing the PTT and keying the numbers at the same time then release the PTT) . It should say that it is connected once you do that.

It will be great to hear you on the future nets, I really enjoyed the one when you talked about all the Wilderness EMT info.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Hltoppr said:

-H-

Hope this helps -
All you do is key up and punch in 9251 to connect to the Western Reflector and you are in! The system will reply with a message saying that you are connected to the western reflector node 925 (specifically you will be connected to 9251 because that is what you entered) That is all you do. When you disconnect you just Key up and punch in 73 - the system will disconnect.
You have to be on a IRLP capable repeater.
You can just try connecting and disconnecting as a test.

-mg

-mg

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I chatted with a nice guy on the Grand Canyon IRLP repeater last night. I'll try to connect to the WR today....Thanks!!!

Can't wait to join in the fun! :box:

-H-

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Hey Andrew!

The Prescott Node #3182 doesn't require a control code to use it, so all you need to do is follow the procedure in the first post:

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106011&postcount=1

and you are connected to the node!

If I'm acting as net control, the node will already be on, so you should be able to join in without doing anything.

The Grand Canyon node doesn't allow connections to a reflector, so your only option is to get a good signal to the Prescott repeater. I'd bet your line of site from Mt. Elden or up the Snow Bowl road. I get real good reception from all four of the ARA (http://www.w7ara.org/Web/) repeaters on Elden from almost anywhere in the Prescott area.

On a side note, the 147.410 repeater on Elden is now connected to Mt Ord, Pinal Mt., and Greens Peak east of Show Low to form the Rim Link that covers from Casa Grande to Prescott, to the Navajo Res, and into western Tuscon. That's a huge chunk of AZ!

Mark

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Hey Mark! Thanks for the info!

I've been on the 2100 net on 147.140 the past few nights...covers almost all of Arizona!

I tried to give you a shout on the Prescott repeater last night....but don't think I had control of the node...I'll try again this evening.

-H- :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste