MB Vario workshop manual...

olafboswijk

Observer
Thanks charlie. I did consider that but since I'm very new to mechanics and such I'm not sure how much use it would be and if I would be able to use it muself And the little issues I'm facing right now are more down to mechanical parts (mostly plastic) and having the right wire diagram. I reckoned MB has access to this worldwide through its dealerships.

The vehicle is from 2000 and the engine is the OM904LA

The WIS (workshop information system) on my Toughbook system from the above supplier has everything on it, not just electronics; like how to rebuild differential etc etc. Just need to tell it what vehicle you want information about.

Charlie

olafboswijk

Observer
I understand that. But I'm pretty sure that system requires training, mechanical experience and knowledge in order to operate it properly and have any use of it. So in my case as a traveller, it would not be worth it.

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
You can just get the WIS (Workshop manual) and EPC (Parts Catalog) on ebay for a few Euro. This will allow you to key in your chassis number and get the exact part numbers for the parts you are looking for.

You can just get the WIS (Workshop manual) and EPC (Parts Catalog) on ebay for a few Euro. This will allow you to key in your chassis number and get the exact part numbers for the parts you are looking for.

The EPC is only 35 euro/yr. But the WIS is 916 euro/yr, more than "a few euro". So the actual computer which can tell you what is actually wrong with the vehicle is a much a better deal at one time ~$13-1400, with WIS built-in.
Don't underestimate your ability to use the Star Diagnostic system. it is simple.
I taught myself how to use it. I am a practicing medical doctor with some mechanical experience but have had no formal training in auto mechanics.

Charlie

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles