Pictures of Expedition Motorcycles

EduardoMas

2000 KLR, in Mexico, North of Oxaca
Originally outfitted for punishing trail rides, I put a couple of Pelicans and a North Face bag on top and it became an excellent overlander.
Camping gear, tools, clothes and minimal nicities fit well in the bags. They all came off easily for fun day trips on hard trails.
Sold it in Monteverde, CR. If I were to do the same travels, I would choose the KLR again.

226938_10150257531990569_5408035_n.jpg

Looking for a tougher offroader I bought a 2003 XR650R. The stator was rewound, lights added, larger tank, and a well build rack.
The Pic below was taken during a 10 day Newfoundland trip, carrying camping gear, tools and minimal clothing. I had a backpack
thar carried about 1/5 of the total pack volume.
The main rail trail is a bit of a yawner, but the trails running North and South were fun.

226235_10150257482900569_3161116_n.jpg

The KLR was very comfortable, even for 2 up on occasion The XRR if fun to ride on rougher terrain. Both very solid and reliable.
The service intervals on a KLR are really long, on the XR they are a bit more frequent (oil mostly), but very low maintenance all things considered compared
to sexier light bikes.
Eventually I'll get sexier bikes, but I'll always remain a KLR rider at hart.

Kiwi-Yank

Adventurer
hey Tyrant66 ... the bike looks good mate. You've got a bit of an "attack bike" concept going there. Keep it up! :)

Blackdog ... did I read your pix right? Did you actually take a Ducati and turn it into an expedition bike???
there's guys in LA who would be gobsmacked by that :)

cheers,
Kiwi-Yank

dgerst

Thanks. This 450R/T was traded for the Elefant.
I miss it but the 900 gives me more grins than about
anything I've ever ridden.
IMG_5470.jpg

Cabrito

I come in Peace
All packed up to ride home after three day weekend trip

500 mile Memorial Day weekend with 120 plus miles off pavement in Mendocino . :bike_rider:

Somebody needs to make a Trasharoo for motorcycles.. Hauling out our trash just isn't the same on my MC.

CodyY

Explorer
Memorial day Oklahoma GoPro goodness
ujyty6u4.jpg

3e6e7aje.jpg

rudesuna.jpg

punybage.jpg

9usa5ysy.jpg

Only 4 new dings in the front rim. Time for some Woodys wheels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members