Pictures of Expedition Motorcycles

Hodakaguy

Adventurer
My Adventure TW200. Buddy and I will be doing a distance trip through NV this spring hunting ghost towns, abandoned mines and history. Can't wait!

20231223_152653-X2.jpg

20231223_152546-X2.jpg

Hodakaguy

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
Saw this bloke crossing the Simpson Desert.
With 700km+ of sand dunes, fuel and water is a challenge for these guys.
P1100358E.JPG

And these guys were in the Great Victoria Desert, south of Voakes Hill Corner. They were getting anxious about fuel too.
P1020166e.jpg

Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Imnosaint

Adventurer
img_1427.jpeg

Finally dialed in. A (second) valve adjustment discovered a cracked cylinder head at a secondary air tube, requiring a replacement and all that goes with it. Rebuilt forks, new front rotors, new fuel level sending unit, flushed all hydraulics and coolant, changed all lubricants. This rides like new, finally. New Motoz GPS are a bit viby to begin with, but seat in after a few miles. Very grippy off road, good manners on slab.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Nice bikes here, when I was 15 another buddy rented a 125cc bike for me and we rode down to the lake and back, then it was about 125-130 miles round trip, which cured me of ever trying to ride a small motorcycle for more than 20 miles. That TW 200 looks interesting but for a small bike, even with bigger tires there is a real problem taking it on any "long" trip or an all day ride, it's too small! I'd almost rather ride a bicycle, and electric bike would be a better "fun" choice.

My Transalp was a 650cc, but it acted more like a 750/900cc and was fine for hours of riding. Today, my 1800 has three wheels......just comfy and fast on the hard. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles