Pictures of Expedition Motorcycles

traveltoad

Aaron S
469052482_9xXTE-L.jpg

Fishenough

Creeper
here is the start of my expo bike, 09 kawa kls250s stock for now except for the home made rack http://

That is nice in Red, one of the two reasons that kept me from getting a KLK was they're only available in Kawie green in Thailand. How's your mileage, pretty great for a 250 isn't it?

With mine I find a tank bag and a rear 30L dry bag allows plenty of storage. Though in the land of cheap accommodation and dinning, there’s no requirement to carry camping gear.

IMGP1630.JPG

fishenough hello there yea gas milage is real good thats why i got it in the first place a little over 100 miles per tank depending on the ride :bike_rider: looking foward to some camping trips this summer and i hope i can fish enough myself (sorry i could't help myself :) )

Rhode Trip

Adventurer
Heyduke, my wife and I both read your wife's entertaining thread about learning to ride. My wife is 5' too so your missus is an inspiration to her. How much did you have to lower that bike so she could flat foot it like I'm seeing in the pictures?

Hayduke950

Observer
Heyduke, my wife and I both read your wife's entertaining thread about learning to ride. My wife is 5' too so your missus is an inspiration to her. How much did you have to lower that bike so she could flat foot it like I'm seeing in the pictures?

At first, we slid the forks up about an inch, and the rear preload all the way out (no easy way to lower the XT at the rear). We also cut the seat foam down by about 1 1/2 inches.

As she became more confident, we added rear preload and slid the forks back down in the triple clamps. She is now comfortable with it at stock height, but with the seat cut down. She can't exactly "flat foot" it like in the pics above, but close.

After a couple of years of ALOT of off road riding, she is out-riding the bike, wishing for better suspension and more power. Right now we're trying to figure out what to do... find a different bike to make work for her, or spend alot on this one and try to creat the "ultimate" XT225. Too bad there aren't any decent options for a 5'0" person out there. That being said, the XT225 is a great bike- she's just asking too much of it now.

They have lowering links for the XR400.... that might be an option. Experiment with yours first before you buy another. I dont know how low it'll go though....

Hayduke950

Observer
They have lowering links for the XR400.... that might be an option. Experiment with yours first before you buy another. I dont know how low it'll go though....

Not low enough. Plus, the kick start is a deal breaker for her- well at least on the XR. She has to use her whole body to jump on the kickstarter to get it started. lol

Howard70

Adventurer
Husqvarna TE610

Here's a shot of my '08 Husqvarna TE610 at the N end of the San Mateo Mountains, NM. The fairing & lights are from Britanniacomposites in Vancouver and really improve the comfort at 75 mph on the freeway (5300 rpm - gotta love that 6 speed & FI engine...)

picture.php

Additional photos and information on modifications & sources of parts:

Lynx fairing & electronics: http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/album.php?albumid=32

Strengthed tail rack subframe:
http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/album.php?albumid=23

Howard L. Snell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier