U.K. Tent hardware info. AND possibly some help...

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
O.K. so I'm working on a "project" and found a tent pole "joint" I want... from Khyam.

So I have a few questions...
-Khyam... tents and hardware... COOL ?? or CRAP ??
-How about their Manual Joint & Auto Joints... Are they strong... any concerns or issues ??
-AND !!! Anyone willing to purchase 6 for me (when I get to that point) and toss them in a box and ship it to So. California (all on my dime of course) ??

I can't get Khyam or any of their vendors to ship them to me... :confused: I'm certainly willing to pay (unless everyone says they're crap) I just haven't found anything like that elsewhere (any similar ones out there ?) and I think these would fit my needs.

http://www.penroseoutdoors.co.uk/acatalog/Khyam_Joints.html

Thanks for everyones input...

Curt

Sirocco

Explorer
Morning Curt,

I had a Khyam Freelander and the locking joints were fine. One thing I will say is that the tent wasn't structurally rigid with just these integral poles alone, you needed to guy everything out.

For big tents, I think these joints are ace as they allow a quicker set-up time than manually feeding poles.

Didn't have any trouble with breakages etc but them I am carefull with kit.

So depending on your application, these could work. I would also suggest protecting them from UV degredation to. This should increase their longevity.

Drop me a PM when your ready to pull the trigger, happy to help.

G

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
Thank you for the thoughts and info.
Living in the desert I try to keep things covered & protected...

I'm still in the design/brainstorming/planning phase so should I go this direction I'll certainly contact you for further input.

Thanks again...
Curt

Sirocco

Explorer
I'm still in the design/brainstorming/planning phase so should I go this direction I'll certainly contact you for further input.

Thanks again...
Curt

No worries. Dont hang about too long though, we leave the UK in January :ylsmoke:

After that I wont be much use sorry!

G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior