"Rally" Wheels? Sources?

Hey guys,

Where does one find "Rally" style wheels? Particularly in the US... and preferably NOT $300/each!
attachment.php

rally-dakar-08-mit-1.jpeg

njtacoma

Explorer
I've seen some at Susquehana (sp) Motorsports, but never 6 lug, which you need for your mitsubishi (and my toyota).

I will be watching this thread.

-Neil

deadbeat son

Explorer
Hey guys,

Where does one find "Rally" style wheels? Particularly in the US...

Braid is one of the only companies I can think of offhand with a 6 lug wheel in that style, which is a shame because the Enkei RCG4 is a great looking wheel.

http://www.braid.es/wheels/products/competition-wheels_p8/4x4-racing-wheels_p15.html

and preferably NOT $300/each!

Good luck on this part, but you're probably not going to find what you're looking for at that price point without sourcing used, which I'm sure won't be easy to come by domestically.

1stDeuce

Explorer
I don't have any pictures, but the factory spare wheel on '06 Chevy and GMC trucks (or at least the hybrids?) is a somewhat spokey wheel with a rough finish. I think they'd look really good powdercoated in a grey color like the rally wheels... Peek under a truck and see what you see!

C

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Rally and rally raid stuff in the US is hard to get, but not impossible.

These guys are the source in North America for all things rally, but they do not discount:

http://www.fourstarmotorsports.com/

Try Demon-Tweaks in UK too, huge motorsports supply house. I've bought lots from them over the years. Depending on exchange rates can be cheaper than US for same stuff. My Cobra seats were 30% less US dealer including shipping and tarrifs:Wow1:

Also, try Rallispec in NJ, they carry Enkei rally wheels (not the cheap tuner Enkei wheels)

off-roader

Expedition Leader
OZ Racing Supertourismo Dakar edition is what you want but they're very $$$$ and I'm not sure they're available for 6 bolt lug pattern. :(

The 5 lug bolt pattern I believe became common with the Racing Lancer (below)
racing_lancer2_m05.jpg

Although some of the developmental racing Pajero/Montero did run a similar rim but I believe they're also 5 lug hubs...
dakar-mitsubishi-peterhansel-cottret.jpg

Previous to that, the actual Pajero's had 6 lug hubs and most pictures I've found show them running this rim...
1998-Mitsubishi-Pajero-Dakar-02.png

Last edited:
It doesn't have to be actual racing wheels, dipped in titanium and filled with helium... Look alikes are fine. But I haven't really seen any. The stock montero wheels are pretty rally-esque, I suppose. I'll just have to paint them a rally-esque color.

deadbeat son

Explorer
Also, try Rallispec in NJ, they carry Enkei rally wheels (not the cheap tuner Enkei wheels)

As previously mentioned, these are not available in a 6 lug wheel, and the price is beyond what OP is looking to spend at >$300 ea. I almost pulled the trigger for a set of the RC-T4 wheels in grey when I had my WRX, but I ended up importing a set of Advans instead.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
As previously mentioned, these are not available in a 6 lug wheel
Sorry that was not previously mentioned....

and the price is beyond what OP is looking to spend at >$300 ea.
I've bought (15) RC-T4 from Rallispec over the past 5 years and never paid >$225.00 shipped

To the OP: Both Compomotive and Speedline Corse produce 6 bolt rally raid wheels. I've risked my life with Speedline, Enkei, and Compomotive wheels for near ten years in competeion, and will continue to. As for price...well you get what you pay for. Don't forget resale value too. I alway get a laugh out those bead lock-like rims the posers like.....

deadbeat son

Explorer
Sorry that was not previously mentioned....

You're correct, it was not stated expressly, but it was implicit in the following post:

Braid is one of the only companies I can think of offhand with a 6 lug wheel in that style, which is a shame because the Enkei RCG4 is a great looking wheel.

http://www.braid.es/wheels/products/competition-wheels_p8/4x4-racing-wheels_p15.html

I've bought (15) RC-T4 from Rallispec over the past 5 years and never paid >$225.00 shipped

I wish I would have known they sell these for significantly less than the $385-505/ea. as listed on their website. I would have bought a set for my 9-2X instead of the Advans I ended up with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior