2005 Rubicon LJ

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Drove about 100 miles today fo rwork. Jeep rode great. Much firer ride, no sway in the corners... a bit harder in the rough stuff but all in all I am happy with the spring change. Jeep looks better, sits a bit higher and will be ready for 255's or 285's on the next tire purchase. That was the goal all along. Will be doing some camping in the NC mountains and wheeling this weekend, so will report back. This is the first time my brother is ever going wheeling with me, so I am excited. Just me and him and some other guys... no kiddos, no wife's :)

jscusmcvet

Explorer
So Joe figured out that we have on hand 4 33" mud tires. They are mismatched, 2 maxxis Bighorns with about 30% tread and 2 Cooper STT's with nearly full tread. He and I spent the morning mounting them on the Jeep. With the 3" Nth Degree springs and the Rokmen 1/2 inch BL, they fit and looked great. Like any reasonable jeeper might do, Joe and I headed out to Uwharrie. The wheeling gods blessed us with rain downpours to make things as interesting as possible We took a break on Daniel for Joe to participate in the age old traditions of dam building in the rain.
URE 2017.jpgJoe URE 2017.jpgJoe URE 2017 4.jpg

jscusmcvet

Explorer
looks like a good time, who had more fun? :)

Certainly a good time was had by all, but this was the first time Joe really dug a little more aggressive wheeling compared to other trips. I see me getting a little back to my roots with his enthusiasm for tackling more difficult obstacles.

The Kid has been my co-pilot for a long time now, she loves the jeep way of life and I love sharing it with her. keep it up with your little guy. :smiley_drive:

jscusmcvet

Explorer
The Kid has been my co-pilot for a long time now, she loves the jeep way of life and I love sharing it with her. keep it up with your little guy. :smiley_drive:

Yup, I raised our older boy (now 22, serving in the USAF) with most of our vacations and free time in or under (!) a jeep. Teaches a whole different set of skills and values than most of what is out there today I think.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
URE June 2017 4.jpgURE June 2017 3.jpgJoe crash after URE June 2017.jpg

More Wheeling with Joe. This time at Big Creek with some of the other Uwharrie Jeep Jamboree Trail Guides. Probably the most technical wheeling Joe has ever done. You can see by his situation on the ride home, he had quite the day.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Well, that was my last wheeling trip in the Jeep. We sold the jeep, sold the pop up we had and sold our little T@B camper. For the first time in 25 years I became jeepless.... but for a smidgen of what we sold all that for I picked up a 2003 Tundra and a 2008 Northstar MC600. Just have never gotten around to putting anything on Expo about it.

Camper August 2017.jpg

This was part of our summer vacation last August... this was at Stone Mountain Park in Georgia. Season had ended for them so we had the place basically to ourselves. I'm gonna have to start a thread elsewhere on the forum for this truck and camper. Maybe this will serve as a place marker for when the new Jeep pickup comes out :)

I have found I really do not miss the jeep as much as I thought I would... maybe getting soft in my old age... but I enjoy the relative comfort of the Tundra.

rubicon91

Explorer
jscusmcvet;2447653 .. maybe getting soft in my old age... [/QUOTE said:
Soft and you do not go hand in hand. Can't wait to see you guys again later this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94