Monteros on craigslist

billy bee

Adventurer
1991 5-speed in Paso Robles,CA

https://slo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-montero-ls-not-running/6505554163.html

Funny ad:
"Mitsubishi designed the Montero in 1983 to win the famous Dakar Rally, from Paris to Dakar...In 1986 the Montero won, and won most of the years that followed. 1991 was the last year of the First Generation Montero. They are tuff as a rock, they don't rust or get stuck ever, and never over heat !!!..They cost more that other SUVs back then..I have the window sticker for this Montero $23,000...It needs a few things to get her on the road again...but it will be worth it."

Appreciate the history lesson, but the poster lost credibility with he said, "they don't rust or get stuck ever, and never over heat." Don't rust? Never overheat? That's quite different than the Mits I had in Vermont. My house rusted in Vermont. Well, this one is a CA car, perhaps.

bb

nckwltn

Explorer
Lowered price to $2800, would like to sell to someone in the Montero community

Shameless Plug - Mine: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/2003-mitsubishi-montero/6464885616.html

2003 Limited - 185k miles

Let me know if you have any questions. Has been a pretty good vehicle the last 3 years, but got my wife into something newer and more comfortable for her. It's 15 years old, and has had normal wear and tear. Timing belt was done about 3 years and 40k miles ago. Have had intermittent check-engine light related to vacuum and possible coil-pack, it's intermittent and I can't repeat it. Didn't have any trouble passing smog. Let me know if you have any questions, won't sugar coat the issues. Probably a good platform for someone who has time to trouble-shoot the minor issues.

PM me for questions

evomaki

Observer
Someone Buy That Thing Quickly

Very tempting, but my wife will kill me if I buy another Montero. That said I am thinking.... Given who I think the current owner is, I'd consider that one a safe sight-unseen kind of deal, opening that up for us east coasters. Just wire funds and ship it.

Swank Force One

Adventurer
Yeah i'm not showing my wife that. Though there's a 20th Anniversary in my local yard. The black "wood" trim in that silver would be the hotness.

icant4x4heretoo

Eurosonic selling his 99 Gen 2.5 w/ Winter Package? sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6439209797.html
That's his father's as far as i know. It was spotted awhile back in this thread when it was for sale last time. I remember the HID retrofit.

Considering a second fly 'n' drive to SAC in a month and sort out what to do with it on the back end. Would have bought this in a heartbeat if it was listed 3 weeks ago, but got my wife an FZJ80 instead.

Hello!

Well if any of you are wondering what happened to Eurosonic father's 2.5 gen Monty. It was sold to guy in South Bay,Ca. from the looks of the OG AD the guy got it new tires KUMHOs Road Ventures. Worked a bit the steering and suspension and that about it

I was fortunate enough that it came back up for sale as i just had enough dough for a build just like this one and this weekend I started to look at some. :cool::cool: Well it in good hands now although im new 4wheelin' world I know how to wrench and from the looks of the Monty its gonna need some and whole alotta TLC:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:....(paint aside):unsure:.

...yes this will be venture bound and not mall crawler.:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles