2011 Dodge Ram + Camper = NO XM Reception........

Due to a design flaw, the XM reception in my 2100 Dodge Ram is blocked with the camper,.....badly. Has anyone here removed & relocated or voided the oem and bought aftermarket? If so what did you go with?

GpnAZ

Observer
2008 Dodge PW + Camper + Stereo Install Shop = XM Reception. I had the same problem with mine and took it to my local stereo shop and they knew right away what to do and I think it was about $100 later they had me all fixed up. I think they relocated it to the front of the truck.

Phx is a BIG city with lots of competition and knowledge. My town is small and not too up too date, this is why i do everything myself (except painting). I just need some part numbers with a Dodge owner in the same situation as i. Thanks.......which antennae did you use? Where is it located? Part numbers for antennae cable?

Tommy6145

I researched this a while back. IIRC, there's a connection for the antenna behind the passenger kick panel. You should be able to find another antenna on line to relocate it to the front of the truck. I think I found this on www.turbodieselregister.com. I had an antenna on the dash in my old Dodge, it worked good. I think it will depend on how far the cab over goes to where you'll have to place it.

crazyeyez

Crazy EyeZ
i ran into this problem on my Canyon when i installed the roof rack and the lights on the rack. if the truck was facing one way (example North) i'd get crapy or no reception. if truck was facing (example) south, great reception. took a while of researching to figure out. finally, i tore into it and found out i was able to just stretch the oem cable out for it to reach to the top of the roof rack. the cord was long enough. i just wrapped it in electrical tape, then wire loom and more tape. then lots of RTV to seal it all up. now the XM works like the rack was never there.
IMAG0854.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior