Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matts M416 build

I went to Midwest Military to grab a few things for the trailer. Super nice people and TON'S of inventory.

I got new shackles (one of mine was bent), lockwasher for the spindle nut on the hub, and a pair of the "gama goat" taillight lenses. The lenses are brand new and made of plastic, not metal like the stock ones. I called before I drove down there to make sure they had them in stock. He said they had some in stock but once they're gone they're gone! The company doesnt make them anymore and he bought the remaining inventory. He had a bunch there so its not like you need to order them today or anything, I just wanted to give you guys a heads up though.

I got all of that stuff installed yesterday so the trailer is useable for around town duty. I'd like to get some new tires before I head out of town with it.
    I bought a new Jeep last week so now Im thinking about taking the tub off so I can paint it to match. And here I thought I was "done" for now!

I built a new frame section to get rid of the pintle hitch set up. Not 100% finished. Still need to clean it up a little, weld on a jack, and other misc. things.
    I'll probably put a rectangular box up front to house a battery and wiring, etc.

Got a killer deal on a pair of stock JK Rubicon tires and wheels. Now the trailer tires will be the same as the tow rig!
    My dad is going to machine me a set of wheel adapters for it. Once the adapters and the tires/wheels are installed I'll figure out what I want to do to make them fit. Probably try a new set of fenders. I dont want to go SOA unless I have to.

Looks good.
    Did you make the tie downs that are under the frame?

Thanks!!

You mean the loops in front and behind the tires on the side? Those are there from the factory. I think they were ment to be grab handles??

Use the fenders you have

Minor cutting and re welding

Spaced the top with washers

Looks good Matt.

Thanks dude!
    My plan was to leave this one 100% stock and use it as is.
    I guess these trailers are just as bad as Jeeps, You just cant leave them alone!!
    Seeing a picture of yours painted to match and hooked to Your TJ didnt help any!!

I finished welding on the new frame and painted it. Started mounting the box and doing the wiring inside. I'll post some more pics when theres something to look at.

Got the frame finished up and painted, and got the box mounted.

Started the wiring inside the box. Borrowed the battery out of my camper to get everything layed out. The threaded rod behind the battery is one side of the hold down. I'll finish it when I get a sealed battery to use in this trailer. Used a terminal strip to splice the plug to the wiring on the trailer. Found a 4 space fuse panel at Northern. Should be plenty for what I'll need. I only plan on a 12v plug, some LED lights and maybe a water pump someday.
    As funds allow I'd like to get a 120v shore plug/charger set up.

Coming along nicely Matt.

Mines far from finished also, I just got it to the point of being used. I'm amazed that I can't even tell it's behind the jeep. Took it on a 4 hour trip north last weekend and got better mpg than my truck. Leaving for a week long camping trip tomorrow, kind of wish I had a RTT.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast