Matts M416 build

Matt

Adventurer
Thanks guys!!

I took the tub off this weekend and painted it white to match my Jeep. Once it goes back together it will be "done" untill I save up $ for a RTT and a water tank.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Thanks!!

You mean the loops in front and behind the tires on the side? Those are there from the factory. I think they were ment to be grab handles??

They are lift and tiedown points for slinging them on board ship and then lashing them down. Nice trailer build.

RJ40

Adventurer
Cool fenders! I essentially did the same thing with my widened fenders...but since I'm running a spring over on the trailer, I had more room to start with. Hey, we "cavemen" have some good skills in the metal bending area! A good vise, some stout angle iron and C-clamps get the job done!! Congrats

Matt

Adventurer
Thanks for the compliments!!

The data plate on the tub was so faded you could hardly read it so I decided to get a new one. Rapco has them for just under $20. They sell both data plates for $25. The data plate on my frame had been painted over a few times so I figured I'd try to rescue it before I ordered a new one.
Soaked it in paint stripper and the paint came off without ruining it. Not in perfect condition, but good enough to keep it, so I just ordered a new one for the tub.

IMG_0355.jpg

I got the tub put back on the frame and the fenders on. I think it looks much better white! Just have to bolt it all back together and put the taillight lenses on. Going to take it on a camping/hunting trip in a couple weeks so I'll get some better pics of it then.

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Matt: Are the military taillights bright enough to keep the prius drivers from rear ending the trailer?

Last edited:

Matt

Adventurer
Its funny you ask. I just tested the lights last night.

The Gama Goat lenses are really nice. You have about a 4" diameter red lense instead of the small strip on the stock lenses.
That said, they are not as bright as the small LED's I used for the side marker lights. Its not the lense, its because I used standard incandescent trailer lights when I replaced the guts of the lights.
I might get a set of LED trailer lights and try to swap those inside.

Matt

Adventurer
Thanks!

Now I just need a tent for it!
I wish I would have known Randy was selling his. By the time I saw it was for sale it was already sold.

If you bought it you should sell it to me. Then You'd have cash for your trailer build! :elkgrin:

hesterj

Adventurer
Congrats on the fenders and wheels. It really made a difference to the overall look.
You are pounding through the build quickly with keeping an eye on the details. Very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior