2010 F150 Lariat Build

ttravis5446

Adventurer
I have been without a rig for a few months since I sold my Rubicon a few months ago, so I have been looking for the right truck. I looked at many vehicles over the last few weeks. I drove new Tundra's, Tacoma's, FJ Cruisers, an 02 LX470, new Rubicon Unlimited's, and a new F150 XLT with the Eco Boost. I was going back and forth between the Ford and the Rubicon Unlimited but I was having a hard time justifying that amount of money. Then all of a sudden this 2010 F150 Lariat with the 5.4l popped up for about the price of a new Wrangler Unlimited Sport and I decided to go this route.

004.jpg

Here are the details: 2010 F150 4x4 Lariat Super Cab. Regular short bed. 44k miles.
This thing is so much nicer than the XLT Super Crew that I has until last year. My plans are to go kind of slow until I get it paid off next year. First thing will be Weather Tech floormats, Fire Extinguisher, First Aid Kit, and maybe a tool box or a tonneau cover. Then after I get some road trip miles on it and get used to all of the buttons and switches I will put some good tires and a leveling or small lift kit on it. I am mostly planning on using this thing for long road trips back home to CO, camping trips up into the Sierra's and maybe poking around over in the the mojave this winter. I am just going to do upgrades as I see a need for them.

005.jpg

006.jpg

003.jpg

009.jpg

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Nice trucks. One of the quietest vehicles I have ever driven at 80mph accross Nevada. Should treat you well.

Jack

ttravis5446

Adventurer
It is definitely a quiet truck.

I ordered up a full set of Weather Tech floor mats and a compact Weathergaurd toolbox like this: http://www.weatherguard.com/truck_tool_boxes/view_products.php?subcat_id=15&model_id=251.
Other than that I have been trying to figure out this whole Sync system.

I am taking it down to Irvine fr a concert this weekend for its first highway trip. I'm pretty excited about it. I am planning the first camping trip to the Sierra's for the middle of next month, so that gives me a couple of weeks to ditch the highway tires.

ttravis5446

Adventurer
I took it down to Irvine for a concert last night and I have to say that this thing is an awesome roadtrip vehicle. Comfortable all the way there and averaged 19.5 mpg!!

Backcountryf150

I moved here from Vegas and stiil have kids and family there. I have taken my truck there many times.18,19 mpg every time. The truck is asume on the the road trips! I towed my boat there and back once(4000 lb). It towed there great. Got 15mpg there,13 mpg home.

ttravis5446

Adventurer
Not much update. I got the Weathertech floormats installed and the Weathergaurd Toolbox set in the bed (still needs attached). Its a start, now to start researching wheels / tires / levelling kits.

001-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Already a little dusty from parking in a dirt lot last night at dinner.

ttravis5446

Adventurer
I took the truck on another trip this weekend. We went up to the Monterey Bay Aquarium on the 101, and the back down the coast highway to San Luis Obispo. A few hundred more iles on the truck and I am still impressed. This is the best truck I've ever owned.

431055_2357711399659_1858687361_n.jpg

ttravis5446

Adventurer
So not much to update but I am so impressed with this truck. It moved me and all of my stuff back home to Colorado. I have put about 20k miles on it since I bought it in July or August and I've had no problems at all. The only expo related thing I've done to it is an upgrade in the tire department. I bought a set of 275/65R20 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires. In my opinion these tires are the greatest tires I've ever owned. I am 100 % converted to Goodyear from BFG.

D5B872B4-A8D9-4947-9B62-2A77A597CE62-7154-00000364D971F9F6_zpsed9b721f.jpg

duckhunter71

Adventurer
This makes me miss my 2010 FX4 SuperCrew. I only sold it because I was driving 40k miles a year for work and the Honda Accord I replaced it with saved me about $700 a month! I'll be watching closely - I'll eventually outgrow my Nissan and would love to be back in a F.

ttravis5446

Adventurer
Yeah, I can understand that. I use my truck for work right now and it does suck down some fuel. Luckily I get a company fuel card and a vehicle allowance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier