Rigid Industries LED's

zolo

Explorer
Well, a great customer and friend of mine paid me with a set of Rigid Industries Dully LED's for some welding work, building a bed rack for his Tacoma.

I had a chance to get them installed today. Pretty simple wiring and easy install. I have to say if folks don't see this bike coming down the road then they shouldn't be driving. I'm ready to see how they do at night. From what I've read at ADVrider they will be bright and do great. Here is a couple on/off photos in the shop.

Does anyone else run these lights? How do you like them so far?

One thing is for sure they seem very well built and look like they will last a long time. Sturdy mount design and metal housing.

Clutch

<---Pass
Cool,

I have been debating on picking up Baja Designs version for the dirt scooter...

...I am running a Trail Tech X2 HID currently, but the flicker drives me nuts.

IMGP7658.jpg

zolo

Explorer
Laughing cause I bet it rides like a jet fighter, yet you are humble like a Jedi master about it.. Its funny..

Ah the little dirt scooter...what is it? a 450?

Clutch

<---Pass
Laughing cause I bet it rides like a jet fighter, yet you are humble like a Jedi master about it.. Its funny..

Ah the little dirt scooter...what is it? a 450?

ha ha...

Oh that picture,(not my scooter) that it is from the ADV Rider thread on the BD light.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18231386&postcount=206

I did have a KTM 505XC (it sure was a rocket, great bike!), and now on a Gas Gas 300.

169007_10150096381509630_2331216_n.jpg

I haven't put the TT X2 on the GG yet, might not even bother, and just get the Baja Designs Squadron.
Have my machine shop buddy make me a bracket so I can use the stock headlight mask.

384832_10150439393619630_1661763655_n.jpg

Last edited:

joneseyyy

Explorer
I run a 36" e-series light bar on my rack and 2 duallys as backups on the 4runner.

Love them.
601a713e-eb03-4455.jpg

contento

Observer
I just bought some Duallys for my Dodge.

What did you guys do in regards to theft prevention? I can't see mounting them with just the hex head bolts they come with, somebody could steal them in less than 5 minutes.

zolo

Explorer
I just bought some Duallys for my Dodge.

What did you guys do in regards to theft prevention? I can't see mounting them with just the hex head bolts they come with, somebody could steal them in less than 5 minutes.

Rigid sells a special nut that comes with its own tool. Pretty much a locking nut. Its like $15-$20. Not bad at all..Sold in pairs

contento

Observer
Wow, I've never heard of a security nut, that would work perfect for the carriage bolt that holds the frame of the light but what about the hex head bolts that hold the light into the frame?

I'm going to Tacoma Screw today so I'll see if they have the same size bolt with some kind of security head- otherwise I'll just screw em in with thread locker and fill the hex head with epoxy. A thief would need a lot of time and effort to get them off at that point.

Thanks for the advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier