Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

dmulk

I mean I said I think ?

The grab handle is from Carolina Metal Masters.

Here are the pics of the Gen 3 interior (the kids got lazy/distracted with the patches—I’ll probably end up being the one up there fussing with them lol):
View attachment 706099View attachment 706100View attachment 706101View attachment 706102View attachment 706103View attachment 706104
Do those new square hatches lock in place? I think the Gen 2 "puzzle piece" hatches just lay in place and I think I read somewhere that if you kneeled on them in just the right spot you could end up falling through or something?

Last edited:

eytonpay

I’m at about 87” at my highest point on the Jeep. 85” is where the garage door header sits.

What size lift and tires?
I was looking at my Gen 1, and it’s roughly 10.5” in height from the top of the rear door. Hard to tell in the picture with the angle. Another guy measured his gen 2 and it looked to be about the same.

b8e5f9b38544d89de1a356923933fbe1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

campertramper

The Ursa ones are available now. ?

You have to go to ursaminorparts.com —> Menu—> Full Catalog—> Page 2.

They don’t show up under JK/JL J30 Parts and Accessories or Jeep Accessories.
Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 9.40.41 AM.png
Well, how about that?

They aren't sold out either! I'm personally, not loving them, but they look practical.

Last edited:

campertramper

Haha. Cheaper and easier than making the garage opening taller for sure! I have a shop behind my house where it will fit, but it would be nice to park in the attached garage. I’ll figure something out.

I’ll get a pic of the inside soon…my kids are up there right now transferring the patch collection from the old hard top…they’re pretty stoked ?

And thanks! I think I’m pretty close to having all the major build stuff done now that I got the Ursa…. and my grab bar finally makes sense!
View attachment 706057
Where did that grab bar come from?

campertramper

Do those new square hatches lock in place? I think the Gen 2 "puzzle piece" hatches just lay in place and I think I read somewhere that if you kneeled on them in just the right spot you could end up falling through or something?
Thanks for posting these pics! I really like the integration of the power plugs in the loft and the loop handles on the hatches - those are nice refinements of the design!

Last edited:

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
View attachment 706166
Well, how about that?

They aren't sold out either! I'm personally, not loving them, but they look practical.
Dang it! You guys are not a good bunch to hang out with. You just cost me another $150!

that_dude

They do. One of the pics I posted is of the bottom side of a hatch. You can see on one side there is a metal disc that is used like a biscuit joint. On the other side is a knob that you can twist to lock the hatches in place.

I don’t believe I heard any rattles or creaks from the Ursa on the drive home. I did have my soft top bouncing around in the back though making some noise.

that_dude

What size lift and tires?
I was looking at my Gen 1, and it’s roughly 10.5” in height from the top of the rear door. Hard to tell in the picture with the angle. Another guy measured his gen 2 and it looked to be about the same.

b8e5f9b38544d89de1a356923933fbe1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AEV 3.5” and 35” BFG KM3s

Here are a couple of quick pics. When I get a chance I’ll put something with a straight edge across the top so I can get more accurate measurements, if people are interested. I’ll measure to other parts of the camper so the height of the Jeep lift and tires won’t matter.
5383F10F-BD01-4427-8C32-6DF6872AB924.jpeg
ECE7B97A-4E6A-450A-A076-D1A638834C88.jpeg

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Has anyone seen a pic of the new gear pouches installed? I'd like to see them in place before I try to mount them!

dmulk

Question about adding solar to the Ursa Minor: What have you all used (or are thinking of using) to run solar to a charge controller located inside the jeep?

Where would you locate a gland (assuming you are using one)? (Top of the roof or vertical along the rear edge maybe?)

Cheers,

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier