Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

bigfish

Observer
Currently stock, but the sway bar is a good thing off road too, unless you want max articulation, it provides much better stability and with the front disconnected, I've never had a situation where my lack of articulation was a problem.

rustypayne

I would really love to see one of these pop tops in person before buying sight unseen. We are in Michigan, anybody in the midwest that would be willing to show yours off? We have a 94 Sportsmobile with a poptop and the idea of having that on a Jeep is really intriguing.

Rusty...

MizMoosie

Observer
I had mine installed 2 weeks ago and I am in NW Wisconsin. If you are traveling thru the UP sometime, let me know. I'll give you a tour.

rustypayne

I had mine installed 2 weeks ago and I am in NW Wisconsin. If you are traveling thru the UP sometime, let me know. I'll give you a tour.

Thanks, that might work. We should get our new Wrangler in the next couple weeks and a drive to the UP will likely be one of our first shakedown trips.

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
What's everybody using for bedding? I don't really find mummy bags comfortable anymore, and I don't need to get any super light weight, small packed down sleeping bags. I plan to keep the bedding and full size (not camping) pillows in the top while traveling. Not sure how much will fit under the closed top, but what are you guys using....comforters, duvets, flannel sheets, bed in a bag....?

The RV Superbag has caught my attention. https://www.rvsuperbag.com

YouTube Video.... http://youtu.be/xm6gWwcJOt0

Reviewed here http://www.exploringelements.com/review-rv-superbag/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MizMoosie

Observer
I use a 20F rectangular synthetic sleeping bag from Wiggys. Unzip it and use as a comforter. It also mates with other Wiggys rectangular bags to increase warmth with plenty of room.

SLOfizz

Observer
Get a thin sleeping bag that is in the rectangle format (i use a discontinued big agnes sack) and a down comforter like the new one from thermarest. They both fit up there great. bedding for 2 in the warm months and a great sleep for one in the cold months. Pillows will not fit unless they are the blow-up kind. I store my pillow on a shelf above the back cargo area. I can reach it from inside and it fills an area high on the jeep with something light.

If you live in a humid area, you have to take them out as they will just rot up there, btw. I am in California, and it is just dry enough to store them full time.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
We used this, in 0 degree form.
http://www.amazon.com/TETON-Sports-Mammoth-Flannel-Sleeping/dp/B00807TNB2

Amazingly comfortable and warm. Takes up a ton of space to store but great bag. Too warm most of the time in the Ursa minor.

What we ended up doing most of the time was using two inexpensive fleece zip up sleeping bags (liners more or less) and zipping them together like a double bag. Then just covering up with the mammoth sleeping bag.

MTSN

Explorer
We used this, in 0 degree form.
http://www.amazon.com/TETON-Sports-Mammoth-Flannel-Sleeping/dp/B00807TNB2

Amazingly comfortable and warm. Takes up a ton of space to store but great bag. Too warm most of the time in the Ursa minor.

What we ended up doing most of the time was using two inexpensive fleece zip up sleeping bags (liners more or less) and zipping them together like a double bag. Then just covering up with the mammoth sleeping bag.

Were you able to leave the Teton bag stored inside the Ursa Minor, or was it too big to leave up there when you closed the top?

Stopbit

Found a solution to my storage issues.

9e62564a39f07b62dd11ec92feeff78e.jpg

78e7f78f09e2b2fadc5e95922caa37f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KellyM

Adventurer
I usually have one similar we zip together when camping with the GF, I'll bring 1/2 tomorrow to test it out on the way back home.. Going to hang out in SD after the install hoping for a good waterfront sunset.

Congrats, Don. Be sure to post some pics from delivery day!

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Were you able to leave the Teton bag stored inside the Ursa Minor, or was it too big to leave up there when you closed the top?

X2. This solution interests me and has great reviews on Amazon. I take it the J30 interior is roughly the size of a queen sized bed so any queen sized bag, comforter, etc will fit side to side and front to back without any problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...

Not even close to fitting in the top of mine. It is a thick 0 degree bag. The only thing I could fit and close up top was lighter weight mummy bags, or fleece blankets and a pillow.

The width up top is only roughly 48". Less at the front, more at the back. But the big bag was nice and comfy, not tight with two people. I sleep warm so that bag was very hot for me, though the wife loved it. You could probably deal with a thinner bag and maybe fit half of it up top...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94