Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

ventura911

Adventurer
We're having a meet-in-greet this coming Saturday at noon, if anyone would like to check out a J30 (or two, or even three; we'll see!), show off their own rigs, meet fellow travelers from the area, etc.

Date/time: 9-12-15/noon-?

goin camping

Explorer
We're having a meet-in-greet this coming Saturday at noon, if anyone would like to check out a J30 (or two, or even three; we'll see!), show off their own rigs, meet fellow travelers from the area, etc.

Date/time: 9-12-15/noon-?

What time does the group usually break up?

I'll be in downtown L.A. until noonish.

jeepovich

Explorer
I just came back from Silverton, Colorado. After a week of rain and 40F mornings, J30 performed very well. I believe that I slept better then I do at home ( May be the altitude had something to do with it, may be not).
IMG_20150831_110952_086.jpg
IMG_20150831_131233_171.jpg
IMG_20150901_070209_658.jpg
IMG_20150901_095132_412.jpg
IMG_20150901_132301_116.jpg

StefanTomi

ARB Rear Awning

I went with the ARB 4ft awning mounted with "L" brackets to the top corners of the J30base . The awning pulls out approx.6 feet and you can add a wall curtain(s)to block the sun from which ever side the sun is shinning in from. It's super sturdy and I like the convenience of not having to assemble a shade with poles and stakes . I can set this awning up in 5 minutes take down is just as fast . I used bolts with wing nuts to attach the L brackets so I can easily remove the awning during the off season .View attachment 303896

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 113

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Had a great phone call a couple of days ago with John from Ursa Minor.

He was gracious enough to take the call over his lunch break, and was more than happy to walk me though all the various options, and answer every question I had and then some.

After literally years of planning, it's amazing to finally order my J30, aiming for mid-October install :) :) :)

-Dan

goin camping

Explorer
Good news!

I'm nothing but happy with mine.

Hopefully we do get to meet up before you head home. ( Kevin and I will let you in on all Ursa top secrets. ;) )

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
deal the info!
what options did you select?

I left the entire roof White, as I wanted maximum cooling for Africa, and I think it will look good on my Silver Rubicon.
I opted for both rear windows to be the sliding/opening kind.
I got the overhead map pocket/organizer.
I passed on the USB outlets up top or up front, as I've wired in a ton of extra charging ports all over my Jeep.
I'm getting a couple of solar panels mounted.
I'm getting an ARB awning mounted.

And the big one - John is going to do some serious cutting / customization to the J30 for me so I can walk around in the entire back of the Jeep- it's hard to explain in words, though there are going to be tons of photos and videos when it's done.

This kind of gives an idea of how much room I'm looking at.
Imagine the "inner" roof of the J30 is entirely cut out.

-Dan

goin camping

Explorer
Now that is interesting!

I can't wait to see how a walk around back section is done. Can you explain the sleeping portion of the build?

Are you coming down to have it installed or having it shipped up to you?

Presto88

Adventurer
Oh man, I like that idea! It's gonna be kind of like the Earthroamers that are based on JKU's! Only with a J30 instead of a 180. Oh yeah, and you can lop one of the zeros off of the price!

Can't wait to see it finished!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles