Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

ExploringJeeps

Boat.man Thanks for the confirmation it would work and the photo of your setup. That's a sweet looking rig! There must be a difference between our J30 models. Mine is #235.( I thought about a license plate U235, but I'm a nerd) I am able to unbolt the front without opening the top. Two bolts are tightened from under the roll bars.

Boat.man

Builder of Jeep stuff
Boat.man Thanks for the confirmation it would work and the photo of your setup. That's a sweet looking rig! There must be a difference between our J30 models. Mine is #235.( I thought about a license plate U235, but I'm a nerd) I am able to unbolt the front without opening the top. Two bolts are tightened from under the roll bars.

Mine is a early one (gen 1) and the front is bolted threw the top by the hinges, kind of a pain. We are waiting for John to build a gen 3 for the new JL and JK...
Then maybe upgrade!

JDaPP

Adventurer
His website says "The camper will fit any 4 door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited from 2007 through the 2018 Model Year (JK Series)
For the new 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Series, please select the J30L Hard Top (expected spring 2018)"

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
John has said numerous times a J30 for the JL Unlimited is a high priority, and they will get working on it the minute the dealer gives them a set of keys!

-Dan

OldCrow

I'd love to hear your build specs and thoughts on no rear windows.

Sorry for the delayed response. I got the solid rear panels for privacy when I have a full load of gear and more options for attachments to the sides. Also, it's a lot easier to add windows later if I change my mind than try to go back to solid panels. The lack of visibility doesn't bother me. The tire carrier and fuel caddy are a bigger problem for viz than the rear quarter windows.

Build:
2017 JKU Rubicon
Ursa Minor J30
AEV tubeless front bumper
AEV front skidplate
AEV Salta & GY Duratracs 285/70
AEV rear bumper, tire carrier & fuel caddy
AEV DS XT2.5" suspension
AEV heat reduction hood
AEV snorkel & prefilter
Warn 9.5cti
ARB AR21 spot/flood
Vision Duralux 460 rear light
Switchpro SP8100 w/ Rugged Ridge A-pillar mount
White Knuckle Offroad rock slider
Rhinorack Dome1300 awning
Trailgater, Bartracts & misc other odds & ends

Still thinking about storage options, Goose Gear, etc. If it weren't for the outside chance of a JT with an Ursa Minor top (John...?) in a couple years, I'd be looking at a hemi swap to complete the package.

Photo below from a sort jaunt this weekend.
Ursa_River.jpg

dcbelton

J30 in the Phoenix AZ area

Hello, does anyone have a J30 my wife and I can view in the Phoenix area? It would be very much appreciated. PM me. Thanks!

rubicon91

Explorer
I just have to say this whole wait is killing me!!!! If all is still as planned then 1 week from tomorrow is when John said my J30 would be crated and shipped with arrival the week before Christmas. Fingers crossed still that this is the case. I am off for 11 days from the 22nd on til the beginning of the year and it would be nice to get out and use it some.

MikeC1964

I just have to say this whole wait is killing me!!!! If all is still as planned then 1 week from tomorrow is when John said my J30 would be crated and shipped with arrival the week before Christmas. Fingers crossed still that this is the case. I am off for 11 days from the 22nd on til the beginning of the year and it would be nice to get out and use it some.
I can't think of a better Christmas present! Make sure you post a lot of pics.

Ursa Minor

JL Update

Quick note, too many campers to build to spend quality time on the Portal....

For those interested we do have a ongoing order list/backlog for the JL version of the J30, please email us with "JL Camper" in the subject and we'll keep you updated. We'll be back with an Ursa Minor booth at Overland Expo West this year and our plan will be to have a JL based camper on display and in production by then.

The JT camper will not be in the schedule until we know a lot more about the vehicle which is at least year out (2019) Of course, our current J30 for the JK version will continue in production.

2017 was a busy year, all of us at Ursa Minor appreciate the patience and enthusiasm of our owners and followers. For real time updates and photos, definitely connect with us on instagram and facebook...

Cheers,
John

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
For those interested we do have a ongoing order list/backlog for the JL version of the J30, please email us with "JL Camper" in the subject and we'll keep you updated. We'll be back with an Ursa Minor booth at Overland Expo West this year and our plan will be to have a JL based camper on display and in production by then.

The JT camper will not be in the schedule until we know a lot more about the vehicle which is at least year out (2019) Of course, our current J30 for the JK version will continue in production.

That is fantastic news John! I'm sure I speak for many here when I say thanks for all the hard work and I absolutely can not wait to see the JL30 and then the JT30.
The possibilities are exciting!!!

-Dan

PS have a Christmas beer on me!

camodog

Adventurer
Oh my, a JT30 would be the cats meow.
I can't wait to at least see some renderings.
This will make my JLU vs JT decision even more complicated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles