Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
I'd also emphasize - check the bolts! I had a terrible squeaking from my front passenger side that I couldn't locate. John kept suggesting it was probably the top rubbing somewhere on the frame, but I just couldn't locate it. I finally removed the forward most passenger side bolt and put a nylon fabric like washer on it and the squeak was completely removed. Planning on doing it to the rest of them before they also start squeaking, as I can here a sort of scratching sound coming from the drivers side bolt that I'm presuming will start squeaking.

Did you put that soft washer between the J30 and the rollbar?

Dotar

Crates

I was in Chula Vista on Tuesday and saw two crates ready for shipment. Gonna be two happy buyers in a few days!

cowboybirder

Observer
Anyone have issues with J30 side latches and Ezi Awn Bat awning. I am looking to install a Bat awning on my J30 and was wondering if the awning will cause a problem unlatching the top.

goin camping

Explorer
Anyone have issues with J30 side latches and Ezi Awn Bat awning. I am looking to install a Bat awning on my J30 and was wondering if the awning will cause a problem unlatching the top.

I know there are a lot of pages in this thread but there are some posts and pictures already here about batwing awnings. Scan through the pages and you will get your answer.

rubicon91

Explorer
I'm not sure if J30 owners have seen it - AEV finally released their "side rails" that go on their rear corner guards.

This will make getting up and into the J30 from the sides about a thousand times easier.

https://secure.aev-conversions.com/shop/corner-guard-rail-kit-for-jk-wrangler

If I was stateside I would order a set today.

-Dan

I wonder though about that approx weight they have. I am right there knowing me I would step on it first time and be flat on my back staring up at my J30 instead of being in it ha!

With an approximate weight rating of 200lbs from their site.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I wonder though about that approx weight they have. I am right there knowing me I would step on it first time and be flat on my back staring up at my J30 instead of being in it ha!

approx. 200lbs sounds find to me. Lower yourself down a bit with your arms and transition onto it. I do that now all the way down to the tire and it would be *really* nice to have a step in between that does not tempt me to step on the plastic guard flare.

-Dan

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader

approx. 200lbs sounds find to me. Lower yourself down a bit with your arms and transition onto it. I do that now all the way down to the tire and it would be *really* nice to have a step in between that does not tempt me to step on the plastic guard flare.

-Dan

larock1971

What have others done to make the mattress more comfortable? I seem to be good with the original mattress for three hours before I start to toss and turn to get comfortable (I'm a big guy). A topper could be added, but that would make it more difficult to use the hatch. Anyone have ideas?

larock1971

Maybe get a big angus air mattress. rei. Deflate when not in use. Use under the foam mattress it topper

That is what I plan for my next few trips.

But I want to look into having a thicker mattress made. I didn't have the same comfort issues when I slept in my previous Tepui, which the mattress is listed as only 2.5 inches.

I do really dig the J30 though, just need to tweak a few things to fit me better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles