Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

drapnea

Looks like the brackets for mounting the awnings are essentially L brackets mounted outside the rear latches. Is that correct? One picture linked was what looked like a steel home Depot L bracket. The one from John/Ursa Minor looked more like an L with another piece headed up to support the awning.

Are the bolts visible on the inside of the camper for yours from John/UM? How many bolts per bracket are on each side? Steel or aluminum?

Last edited:

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Looks like the brackets for mounting the awnings are essentially L brackets mounted outside the rear latches. Is that correct? One picture linked was what looked like a steel home Depot L bracket. The one from John/Ursa Minor looked more like an L with another piece headed up to support the awning.

Are the bolts visible on the inside of the camper for yours from John/UM? How many bolts per bracket are on each side? Steel or aluminum?

I should have my J30 on Monday and it will include UM's rear awning brackets. As I haven't actually purchased the rear awning yet, it should be easy to get you photos from a few angles, if that helps.

Eagle05

Adventurer
Trying out something different...

I made and installed a zippered hinge on the J30's access panels today. So far I like it. What do you all think?

There's a bit more info and a couple extra pics in my build thread.

Attachments

• IMG_8087.jpg
    IMG_8087.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_8090.jpg
    IMG_8090.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 106

AgentOrange76

Adventurer
Anyone here drive a red Jeep with this in western NC? It was pretty kitted out with an awning, a light bar, and some other stuff? Showed up on the back of a tow truck last night and parked across the street from my house! I'd love to get a look at it in the daytime, I think these are super cool.

MizMoosie

Observer
New tarp addition to the rig...Slumberjack Roadhouse Tarp.

20170507_100033-M.jpg

20170507_100053-M.jpg

It took some slight modifications in the set up to work around the J30. Huge coverage for either rain or sun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke