Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

JDaPP

Adventurer
I will admit it, I am spoiled (or maybe just old) as hell and don't find the J30 bed to be very comfortable.

Has anyone tried a mattress topper or something else to make the bed a bit more comfy?

Amazon has dozens of 2" and 3" mattress toppers of various density for sale. Seems like a 2" would fit when the top is down.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Ed

I have left sleeping bags up there for short periods of time. It will tighten up the space/may require some extra pressure to get the top to latch in the back.

rubicon91

Explorer
Coloradokid has posted an ad to sell his Ursa J30 top. He is in Colorado.
I found it finally lol. If only it was east of the Mississippi. I would love to get a J30. Really contemplating selling my trailer after talking with John and getting a shipping quote.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

cowboybirder

Observer
J30 #208

My J30 arrived today. Unfortunately I will not be able to install it until tomorrow as I am teaching
The ornithology section of a Master Naturalist class tonight about 50 miles from home.

Will post pics when it is installed.

First trip scheduled for the end of April in northwest Ohio birdwatching.

Can't wait.

SGNellett

Adventurer
My J30 arrived today. Unfortunately I will not be able to install it until tomorrow as I am teaching
The ornithology section of a Master Naturalist class tonight about 50 miles from home.

Will post pics when it is installed.

First trip scheduled for the end of April in northwest Ohio birdwatching.

Can't wait.

Hmm, sounds like you might be in my neck of the woods. Where in Ohio are you headed? I'd love to see a J30 in person.

SGNellett

Adventurer
Oak Harbor. We're birding Magee Marsh and Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge. If you are near we will gladly show it.

I live just down the road in Port Clinton! Happy to help out with food/beverage recommendations, if needed, and would love to see your J30! Not that I am in the market, but a guy can dream, right?

Ursa Minor

2017 Easter Jeep Safari - Ursa Minor J30

Just a heads up, Ursa Minor Vehicles will have a J30 equipped Jeep located in the outdoor vendor area at this year's Easter Jeep Safari. We hope that our owners, potential owners, and anyone just curious will stop by and say hello.

Vendor Show Hours are
- Thur 4/13 8 am to 8 pm
- Friday 4/14 8 am to 6 pm

Old Spanish Trail Arena
3641 South Highway 191
Moab, Utah 84532

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Just a heads up, Ursa Minor Vehicles will have a J30 equipped Jeep located in the outdoor vendor area at this year's Easter Jeep Safari. We hope that our owners, potential owners, and anyone just curious will stop by and say hello.

Vendor Show Hours are
- Thur 4/13 8 am to 8 pm
- Friday 4/14 8 am to 6 pm

Old Spanish Trail Arena
3641 South Highway 191
Moab, Utah 84532

Dibs on the display model! What is the "Open box" pricing discount?

LOL

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
This thread has been a really valuable resource for me as I dreamed, then sat on the fence, then planned and finally pulled the trigger on a J30 top of my own. Hoping to have it installed later this month. So thank you to all who have shared here!

A question: A common theme with RTTs, particularly the canvas style, is that using an anti-condensation mat under the mattress is desirable in humid climates or winter. What is everyone's experience in this area? Do you find the mattress, particularly the underside getting damp? Do you find that it is helpful to remove the mattress when you get back to ensure that everything stays dry and mold free?

Thanks in advance!

Eagle05

Adventurer
A question: A common theme with RTTs, particularly the canvas style, is that using an anti-condensation mat under the mattress is desirable in humid climates or winter. What is everyone's experience in this area? Do you find the mattress, particularly the underside getting damp? Do you find that it is helpful to remove the mattress when you get back to ensure that everything stays dry and mold free?

Living down south, I have been wondering the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94