New/old trailer build 1966 Apache Raven tent trailer

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
I picked up the trailer suspension over the weekend and cant wait to get it intalled. Unfortunately i'm gonna have to wait until I get some wheel spacers to install the frame brackets. The hub's are just a pinch too large to fit the wheels I picked up and I want to make sure I get the width and compressed position right before I tack everything into place. But the trailing arms sure do look purty!

Finished stripping the tub and started on the body work in the mean time.

aframe5.jpg
aframe6.jpg

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
I'm late to the build party. First off WELCOME JEFF!!

Subscribed to the build. Looking good buddy. Look forward to camping wit cha.

Fred

Expedition Essentials

I'm late to the build party. First off WELCOME JEFF!!

Subscribed to the build. Looking good buddy. Look forward to camping wit cha.

Fred

Thanks for the welcome Fred!X2 on the camping I was hoping to get it finished and some camping in this summer but I looks like we are running out of summer fast. Fred how much did those guys charge you to paint your trailer?

Expedition Essentials

Great build here. The trailing arms look very nice. Does CVT sell them as a standard item? Price?

Thanks; The arms turned out real nice, I was looking at CVT's trailers they sell, and the independant suspension at an expo earlier this year, originally I was going to have him build me an entire rolling frame but changed my direction when I found the Apache. The arms were a little steep at 650.00 but it saved me the trouble and time. That includes the brackets for the frame, hubs and bag mounts for the frame. They made them according to my wheel offset as well. As far as a standard item they sell; long story but i've been harrasing Bobby nicely for a couple months and he finally came through for me. If you are interested I have a direct line to his fabricator.

Woods

Explorer
I think 650 is a fair price. They are a nice looking product. Was really asking out of curiosity. Thanks for the offer. Now get to building, taking pics and posting more good stuff...

Thanks; The arms turned out real nice, I was looking at CVT's trailers they sell, and the independant suspension at an expo earlier this year, originally I was going to have him build me an entire rolling frame but changed my direction when I found the Apache. The arms were a little steep at 650.00 but it saved me the trouble and time. That includes the brackets for the frame, hubs and bag mounts for the frame. They made them according to my wheel offset as well. As far as a standard item they sell; long story but i've been harrasing Bobby nicely for a couple months and he finally came through for me. If you are interested I have a direct line to his fabricator.

Expedition Essentials

Frame brackets for the trailing arms.

523477_272073822908390_209669849_n.jpg

Mockup of suspension; I hope to have this thing to roller status by this weekend, getting the tires mounted today.

287900_272074039575035_759143316_o.jpg

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Thanks for the welcome Fred!X2 on the camping I was hoping to get it finished and some camping in this summer but I looks like we are running out of summer fast. Fred how much did those guys charge you to paint your trailer?

Summer is definitely fading up here.

$700 for the two-tone paint (2 passes through paint both and retaping), with custom silver mixed and clear-coated.

Expedition Essentials

Test fitted the body on the frame today, should have seen me and my wife fighting to get this thing up there; it was quite the spectacle :eek:

aframe16.jpg
aframe17.jpg
aframe18.jpg
aframe19.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94