Who here Mtn Bikes CO?

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Just curious as it is something I love to do and it would be great to meet up and ride sometime!

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
There are a bunch of very capable riders on this forum (DaveInDenver). There are also people like me who have an old bike but don't really know what to do with it. So if you guys get together and do something easy, I would be happy to attempt to tag along. If you do something on the road I'm game.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Sweet!! I just enjoy riding.. i do MTN and road!!! I am a slower guy so you wouldn't have to worry much about keeping up!

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I try and get out when work allows (been killin' me lately). We have a standing week night ride, usually it ends up Wednesday night at 5PM. The past couple of weeks we've let the start time slip to 6:30 so that the ride would be a night ride.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
DaveInDenver said:
I try and get out when work allows (been killin' me lately). We have a standing week night ride, usually it ends up Wednesday night at 5PM. The past couple of weeks we've let the start time slip to 6:30 so that the ride would be a night ride.

Where at? It would be a commute from the springs but I get out of class at 3!

We ride pretty often, west side, mtb.

Bill, my uncle just moved to Denver from NYC and is getting his mtn legs right now...he's complained the last couple times that when we say "flat" we're flat lying :p...but all we've done so far is the Breck nordic center and Marshall Mesa. If you'd like to come with us, he's learning and I'm recovering from a bloody knee, elbow and bruised hand I got being stupid at Marshall last Thursday.

We'll be out again as soon as it's dry, most evenings after work.

-Sean

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor
My wife & I are in the VERY beginner stages. We're into the shorter, easy trails for now.
Probably not much time left this season, huh?

Funrover

Expedition Leader
shane4x4 said:
My wife & I are in the VERY beginner stages. We're into the shorter, easy trails for now.
Probably not much time left this season, huh?

I ride year round.. Colorado is great about that actually..... With the exception of a few days..... I see you are also in COS where have you ridden so far?

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
I've been sidelined for a while with shifting issues (mtn) and a blown headset (road). Road bike is back (after three weeks), mtn bike I think I found the problem, but still have to fix it.

BogusBlake

2006 Expedition Trophy Champion
I ride, but I'm really out of shape to do XC at altitude and my insurance hasn't kicked in yet so no DH for me until November. Next summer I'm all about Keystone though!

I wouldn't mind meeting up for a ride with the Denver peeps some time if they can tolerate my slowness.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I get to southern CO a few times a year to ride. Mostly road races, but I dig me a good day in the dirt.

If you fellas get a little chilly up there in CO, feel free to head down here to Northern AZ. Here in Prescott I have over 64 miles of beautiful single track I can access from my front door. Temps are usually mild. Trails are clear all but maybe 10 days out of the winter. Then there's sedona. If anyone heads this way, you have a place to stay and a dude willing to show you the area's best.

View attachment 10795

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Flounder said:
If you fellas get a little chilly up there in CO, feel free to head down here to Northern AZ.
It's just getting tolerable up here. LOL! I hate hot weather and my summers are spent waiting for the fall and winter!

Funrover

Expedition Leader
DaveInDenver said:
It's just getting tolerable up here. LOL! I hate hot weather and my summers are spent waiting for the fall and winter!

:jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: I know it!! I hate the heat!

toyrunner95

Explorer
i down hill every once in a while, i like urban biking though, stairs, ledges, drop ins. its awsome. cracked my helmet last year.

tacollie

Glamper
I do a lot. This is the best time on the front range and the western slope to ride. The mountains can get a little muddy and even snowy this time of year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier