Does anyone bother with the R1200GS Adventure here?

jpachard

Adventurer
I'm riding a 2012 1200GS now after an 1150GS, a KTM 640, 450 and a string of other bikes. Once properly set up (I ditched the silly ESA suspension and added a 21" front wheel) the bike is seriously capable off road. I have ridden Baja twice from tip to tail and crossed the country on two different GS's and a ZRX1200. This new 1200 GS is fantastic. Mine is down to 460lbs with gas so if you avoid the Touratech catalog these things can be lightened up considerably!

Have fun and enjoy, they are great bikes but so are many others. We are truly in a great time for adventure bikes as consumers since there are several excellent players for us to choose from.

Cheers, James

jpachard

Adventurer
Here you go!

_DSC1762-L.jpg

Nice campsite and ready for some trails!

iRagedoYou

......and a bent front wheel from a rock at 70 mph...

Longtallsally....just curious what did you do to fix that bent wheel? Or did you have to buy a new wheel? I had a similar incident in Alaska..hit a rock or something going a bit faster than I should've. There is a slight bend in my front rim and it leaks air...while on the road, I had a tube installed in the front tire so I could make it home and not worry about the overnight leaks.
Thanks.

2013 JKUR Commando Green 6 Spd
2012 R1200 GSA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier