CDN M101 in Vegas

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
They do fit well don't they? I scooped 2 from Wal Mart here on the weekend... very much like these.

It was your post on that other forum that got me looking for one. I went to two of our local Walmarts and neither had them. Went online to so a search and found Bass Pro Shops carried them. The next morning I went to the Bass Pro Shop here on the south side of town and they had two left. Now they only have one...

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Those are good storage boxes, but

I've found that LOWES carries "Task Force" containers that have wheels and a variable length pull handle-

They are very mobile and are lockable to-

I can't show any of my pics, my photobucket is having migraine headache--you know how that goes !

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
It was your post on that other forum that got me looking for one. I went to two of our local Walmarts and neither had them. Went online to so a search and found Bass Pro Shops carried them. The next morning I went to the Bass Pro Shop here on the south side of town and they had two left. Now they only have one...

Ha ha... good stuff.

Rubiconcruiser

Rubiconcruiser
What type of rack system are you planning using for the RTT? There are several ideas here on this forum as well as the IH8 mud forum which is primarly a Toyota bunch but they are good guys, and share lots of ideas. Keep us posted.

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
What type of rack system are you planning using for the RTT? There are several ideas here on this forum as well as the IH8 mud forum which is primarly a Toyota bunch but they are good guys, and share lots of ideas. Keep us posted.

The guy I bought the trailer from had fabbed up 4'x6' rack with two crossbars mounted with a full length piano hinge. The tent is mounted to the two cross bars and acts a a cover for 2/3 of the trailer. Eventually I am going to install some gas struts to ease the opening/closing of the top.

PhotoJared

DSC_0006copy-4.jpg

DSC_0012copy-3.jpg

DSC_0023copy-2.jpg

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
Since the drop leg is a little short, I needed to install a trailer jack in order to level out the trailer when not hitched to the Jeep. Thought about a bolt on but I never seemed to be able to find one. It's always good to have a friend that can weld.

photo-92.JPG

photo-91.jpg

A little rattle can...

photo-89.jpg

Add a bubble level...

photo-90.jpg

Done...

photo-93.jpg

Stowed...

photo-96.jpg

Last edited:

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Hi vegas jeepguy,love you setup . How do u like your kukeman ? I have the autuana and im going to build a lift and chuck style box to remove of and on a utility trailer and hopefully get a jeep some day.
Happy Camping

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
I am very pleased with the tent. After spending years backpacking and sleeping on the ground, my old setup was then an REI Base Camp 6 with two military style cots.
DSC00010.jpg photo-43.jpg
The one advantage of a big ground tent is space to move around and stand up. That is one of the reasons I bought a 12'x12' canopy to set up with the Kukenam.
photo-94.jpg
Having only slept one night in the Kukenam I can see how much more comfortable the roof top tent can be. The 2 1/2" foam padding is so much better than a Thermarest mattress on a cot and I was never an air mattress fan. It's also nice to sleep with more traditional bedding and pillows and being able to store it in the tent when packed.

Heading out in two weeks for a two-nighter up in Ely, NV. Nights should be in the 40s and I expect the Kukenam to be much more comfortable in the cold than what I am used to.

Last edited:

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
Harbor Freight tongue box installed. I removed the front carry handles and used the existing holes in the frame and the same hardware. Now I have to relocate the jack mount, but that is a project for another day...

photo-97.jpg

photo-99.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online