CDN M101 in Vegas

JeeperJake

Observer
Great job on the trailer! It looks awesome. In the middle of building my shop, and then finally getting to work on my trailer as well. Crossing my fingers i will be able to pull it this summer.

jcrusher

I just moved my 416 into the garage today to get the rtt mount done and I put Herculiner in it this past weekend. I've gathered a ton of info. from trailer campers like you and am looking foward to chasing the pre-runoff Trout in Colo. in May. I usually just rtt my FJ Cruiser but picked up this trailer late last summer after seeing your transformation over the last few years. I'm impressed and grateful, J.

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
Space is always at a premium, especially with a Jeep. I have a couple of canopies I would like to take for added coverage but the tend to take up too much space and get "prioritized" out of the packing list. I think I have found a great solution from Quik Shade for the camp kitchen. At 6' I'll have to stoop a little, but my 5'4" should have no problems.

View attachment 334225

JeeperJake

Observer
Got my trasharoo installed as well. Headed to Zion tomorrow for our first camp trip of the season.

ce8dbd464a111ec733f5b724828915eb.jpg

Full of wood at the moment.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
Years ago I bought a trailer jack and had a friend weld the mount on the tongue for me in a position that allowed me to stow and use the jack. Shortly after, I installed the tongue box and that made the jack mount unusable. Finally got around to getting another Jack mount and had my friend weld it in a position that allowed me to start using the jack. Now it will be so much easier leveling the trailer.

image.jpg
Original mount location

image.jpg
New mount.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
Also installed new rear springs on the Jeep. Went with Currie LJ springs that are stiffer and keep the rear end from sagging when towing the trailer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
I've often wondered what my trailer weighs. So, I took it in to work today and put it on the scale. "Empty", with RTT, spare tire, hi-lift jack, tongue box w/battery, it weighs in at 1200 lbs. and I figure another 300 lbs for gear when camping for a total of around 1500 lbs.

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted. The tent acts as a lid and the rack sits on the lip of the tub. I’ve also been busy adding to the trailer with a Road Shower 4 and mounted 11lb. propane tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles