CDN M101 in Vegas

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
As a Jeep owner, space is always at a premium. I picked up this 1992 CDN M101 3 years ago and have slowly and steadily been modifying and upgrading it. The previous owner swapped out the axle with a 5x4.5 lug pattern to match the Jeep and fabbed a hinged rack with the intention of mounting a RTT. I've added shocks (that were missing when I bought it), wired backup lights and installed new tires and a rear mounted spare. It has been more useful than I could have imagined and gets used for camping and hauling on a regular basis.

download_2.jpg

After the SOA swap...

IMG_0418.JPG

some rattle can...

IMG_0425.JPG

photo-6_2.JPG

on the trail

CC3.jpg

photo-45.jpg

And now I am waiting on the Tepui RTT I ordered a few days ago.

Last edited:

some_dude

Observer
I'm in the Canadian Army and pulled one for years behind an Iltis. I've been trying to find one since we got rid of them but no luck so far. They're a good trailer.... We treated them like ******** and they never seemed to care.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Kewl, did you order the Kukenam ??

I've been thinking about that one for my trailer, I'd like to seeit on a light off-road trailer-

I've gotta "Airzone" tent now and would like some more room--

Can't wait to see your project develop !

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Great, I'd like to see if you have to mod the ladder they give you !

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
I'm thinking I won't have to. I've seen a few pics of them mounted on trailers and the telescoping ladder seems to be the perfect setup due to the lower height.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Yeah, that sounds about right, you just gotta make sure your RTT base/trailer will support at least-500lbs and also not bounce when you (?) turn over-:Wow1:

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Nice find man, great little trailers. I looked for 2 years nearly before I found one, and thankfully after apparently being totally abused by the Canadian Military, it was still in great shape!! lol (Kidding some_dude, thanks for your service)! :)

Looking forward to seeing this with the tent mounted.

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
Tepui Kukenam RTT arrived as scheduled yesterday...

photo-63.JPG

photo-64.JPG

mounted...top rack is on a piano hinge and can be opened from the side. Next project is a adjustable jack leg and gas struts.

photo-66.jpg

photo-60.jpg

photo-59.jpg

photo-62.jpg

photo-61.jpg

Last edited:

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
They do fit well don't they? I scooped 2 from Wal Mart here on the weekend... very much like these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles