My 95' Disco

Jarek M

Adventurer
have any issues with the rear hinges bending because of the rack? i know mine have bent a little just from having a full size 33" on there

Yes they do, but I don't F around when I pack.

71035a51.jpg

Jarek M

Adventurer
Tell me more about the trans, are you running the auto or is it the 5 speed.

I am in the thick of this swap as well, almost done. With in the nest 2 weeks I'll have mine up and running.. I am just a bit worried about the trans.
Would like to hear your thoughts on it.

This time it's a LR auto but the HP and TQ are lower then 3.9 that was in there... and I got three spare ones. So I'll go from there. 5 speed hmmm.....:ylsmoke:

franko

Observer
Just wondering about the shift points with the auto,does it still shift smoothly. And what are your RPM getting to before its starts to shift gears.

I think the LR auto is strong enough to handle the diesel,but yes a 5speed would be the cats meow.

Jarek M

Adventurer
Just wondering about the shift points with the auto,does it still shift smoothly. And what are your RPM getting to before its starts to shift gears.

I think the LR auto is strong enough to handle the diesel,but yes a 5speed would be the cats meow.

Trying to find the time today to finish preglow wiring, then I'll take it out and let you all know.

Mudy_Ovl

Jarek,
When I first saw your Disco I thought I was looking at mine. Same color (Roman Bronza/Armada Gold), roof-rack, chicken coop flooring, Hi-Lift jack, rear storage with sleeping platform, etc. You have taken yours to the next level though. Very nice build and hope to get the twins together sometime.

Regards,
Chris D.

Saratoga

Adventurer
Excellent platform in the back there! I had thought of something similar but utilizing the 1/2 seat split at the back so that two passengers could be carried in the vehicle with the driver with the platform down.

How long is it from back door to the back of the drivers seat please? And do you have to put the driver/passenger seat forward in order to get a decent fit in the back for sleeping on?

mortonm

Expedition Leader
What prevents the motorcycle from rock and rolling around with only a 2" hitch holding it?

Often hitch racks like these will have a threaded insert inside the end. With a threaded hitch pin you cna tighten the bolt and will suck up any slack in the receiver. That is how my mountain bike rack works so I would assume it is similar here with the motorcycle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles