Why I don't like BMW's.

CodyY

Explorer
Personally, I like to keep my hands on the bars in case a deer jumps in front of me (I live in Pa.) or a tire blows. I TRY not to wave at anyone. Old school XT600 rider, trying to keep the front tire on the ground MOST of the time.

Jronwood

I wave my left foot just to piss off the wavers

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I wave at scooters... Sometimes even Cyclists. I also wave at MC Cops. Two wheels is two wheels.

I don't wave across multi lane freeways. That's silly. Just the two lane roads.

I don't normally like to generalize, but there have been times that I wonder about some of the bimmer riders. One two day group ride that I was on we camped and ate and drank together, but the last day of the ride the two bimmer guys split without even saying goodby. I thought that was a little weird. It was like they didn't want to be seen with the KLR guys.. ;-)

I sure would like to have me one of them fancy BMW motorcycles though.. I'm not going to hide my envy...

zolo

Explorer
I'm just waiting for someone to get offended by the ADV FYYFF salute when I ride by...If they chase me down I will have to explain and it will get all confusing...

Oh well...

Clutch

<---Pass
I'm just waiting for someone to get offended by the ADV FYYFF salute when I ride by...If they chase me down I will have to explain and it will get all confusing...

Oh well...

Ha ha!

Did a DS ride with a bunch of Bimmer guys, I dunno they seemed ok to me, did get same strange looks showing up on
a 300cc 2-Stoke.

Attachments

• 418560_10150685227349630_420412166_n.jpg
    418560_10150685227349630_420412166_n.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 487921_10150685222194630_1333144948_n.jpg
    487921_10150685222194630_1333144948_n.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 14

zolo

Explorer
If anyone ever sees a BMW tattoo please ***** slap the wearer.

LOL
This is a funny thread...

Way better than the "what tire size will fit on brand X lift.. with what hot water heater kit, at an elevation of 5321ft...."
not that there is anything wrong with that....:ylsmoke:

Flagster

Expedition Leader
If anyone ever sees a BMW tattoo please ***** slap the wearer.

Same goes for the Ironman tattoo...unless you win an ironman, don't put that **** on your calf...I don't care you went and did a 14 hour ironman...maybe a dude who does sub nine or a gal who rocks sub 10...but still...please

Only people who wave to me are my neighbors on my one way in and out dirt road to my house...

I don't wave on my moto since I am a crappy rider and I'm afraid of falling....:ylsmoke:

Bighead

Adventurer
I wave at scooters... Sometimes even Cyclists. I also wave at MC Cops. Two wheels is two wheels.

I don't wave across multi lane freeways. That's silly. Just the two lane roads.

This. I don't care what the logo on his/her bike says.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Ha ha!

Did a DS ride with a bunch of Bimmer guys, I dunno they seemed ok to me, did get same strange looks showing up on
a 300cc 2-Stoke.

Half of the GS riders have smaller/faster bikes at home - some of them are even orange.

Clutch

<---Pass
Half of the GS riders have smaller/faster bikes at home - some of them are even orange.

:), heck I don't even own orange currently...found me a new Spanish Lover. :ylsmoke:

This particular ride was for big and little bikes, I can't remember the name of the guy who put it on. It was through Ironhorse. Thought I would run into you there, it started in Green Valley, this past March 18th 2012.

Had some really bad weather blow in, (well for SOAZ) everyone bailed only a 1/4 way through. So we finished it the weekend after with the ride promoter, Jim I think his name was. Rides a DR 650. Really nice guy, put together a nice little 200 miler.

I didn't take too many pictures though.

429012_10150685226459630_285196044_n.jpg

484107_10150685223839630_1547975677_n.jpg

Last edited:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
This particular ride was for big and little bikes, I can't remember the name of the guy who put it on. It was through Ironhorse. Thought I would run into you there, it started in Green Valley, this past March 18th 2012.

That was the annual GS ride that they put on. They usually have B & C routes. I was planning on going, but it was friggin cold, so I wussed out & stayed home. I didn't move to Tucson to freeze my butt off.

A couple of us tried to ride the B route (from the March ride) yesterday - but ran into a locked gate about 10 miles in - so we had to backtrack a few miles & find a different way over to Patagonia. We hit a bit of weather, but nothing like you guys did in March. It's pretty damn nice down there right now - roads are in good shape, the trails weren't too muddy, the grass is green & tall, it's warm . . .

Clutch

<---Pass
That was the annual GS ride that they put on. They usually have B & C routes. I was planning on going, but it was friggin cold, so I wussed out & stayed home. I didn't move to Tucson to freeze my butt off.

A couple of us tried to ride the B route (from the March ride) yesterday - but ran into a locked gate about 10 miles in - so we had to backtrack a few miles & find a different way over to Patagonia. We hit a bit of weather, but nothing like you guys did in March. It's pretty damn nice down there right now - roads are in good shape, the trails weren't too muddy, the grass is green & tall, it's warm . . .

Yeah, everyone bailed once we got to Sonoita, I wanted to keep on going but my buddies wanted to go home. (I dunno, I love riding in nasty weather, yeah I know I am weird:elkgrin:)....Which turned out to be ok, since we did the route the following weekend when the weather was in the 60's&70's. It is driving me nuts what the guy's name is who puts on the ride...he is pretty smooth and quick on his DR 650. I was tailing him the whole ride, it doesn't look like he is going fast...then you realize, "hey, we are moving along at a pretty good clip".

Rode some stuff that I have never been on, in the 20 years I have been riding down there. Only draw back is, a lot of gates to go through.

Still a little too warm for me to ride right now. October is when I crawl out from my cave.

Gren_T

Adventurer
In the UK you get the nod, if your passing another bike left hand held low with thumb up.
in Europe it's the nod or the leg out.. as a long time landrover owner we always wave to acknowledge others sharing the misery..

harley owners wearing leather chaps or fringes get a shake of the head as i pass.:bike_rider:
stay safe
Gren

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste