Why I don't like BMW's.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I just bought a BMW and just today went for a little 75 mile ride on our local roads. I have to say, this whole waving thing is ridiculous. For starters, our local moto road, HWY 89, is world famous and choked with riders every weekend. If I were to wave at every rider I'd have to get a third glove and strap it to my mirror.

That said, I love to wave to Harley riders when I'm cruising around on my wife's Vespa 150. It's hilarious. Many wave back, some look downright outraged to see a dude in flip flops on a Vespa with the gall to wave at a HD rider. :)

Clutch

<---Pass
I just bought a BMW and just today went for a little 75 mile ride on our local roads. I have to say, this whole waving thing is ridiculous. For starters, our local moto road, HWY 89, is world famous and choked with riders every weekend. If I were to wave at every rider I'd have to get a third glove and strap it to my mirror.

Ha ha...that is funny.

That said, I love to wave to Harley riders when I'm cruising around on my wife's Vespa 150. It's hilarious. Many wave back, some look downright outraged to see a dude in flip flops on a Vespa with the gall to wave at a HD rider. :)

LOL

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
I can't keep track of who I'm supposed to be waving to from what vehicle. I probably wave at Jeep Wranglers from my motorcycle, bike from the Ford Focus, Ford Foci when I'm walking the dog. Once I tried waving at a scooter but the kid was so busy texting he didn't notice.

Around here most solo bikes or small groups seem to wave while large bands of pirates don't seem particularly friendly. They must need to shake some blood back into their hands some time so maybe they just make sure nobody is watching in case its mistaken for a wave?

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Wave, never but KTM riders think I am waving as I send text messages with my handlebar (Touratech custom titanium dashboard) mounted iPad . :)

Pest

Adventurer
We just got a TW200, still getting comfortable riding (just learned, first bike). I don't wave because I'm not comfortable letting go of the handle bars yet, at best i might lift a finger, but i doubt they see that.

I don't even know why bikers wave... No car drivers wave, no mini van drivers wave, what's do special about bikes?

JJackson

Explorer
We just got a TW200, still getting comfortable riding (just learned, first bike). I don't wave because I'm not comfortable letting go of the handle bars yet, at best i might lift a finger, but i doubt they see that.

I don't even know why bikers wave... No car drivers wave, no mini van drivers wave, what's do special about bikes?

Just be careful of what finger you choose.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
I wave at most other riders, except for trikes, scooters, and Harleys. I don't wave at harleys because most of them don't wave and they annoy me as people. I have a Suzuki sv650

Sent from my iPhone

ted_ted

You need to move to Chadron Nebraska where EVERYONE waves at EVERYONE. It always catches tourists by surprise and after a day or two they start waving at everyone also. Nebraska does show you their slogan as you enter the state "Nebraska, the good life"

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
You need to move to Chadron Nebraska where EVERYONE waves at EVERYONE. It always catches tourists by surprise and after a day or two they start waving at everyone also. Nebraska does show you their slogan as you enter the state "Nebraska, the good life"

Yesterday ended our local bike week. Logged 150 miles yesterday and maybe 1 out of 20 Harley guys waved and Im on a dual sport Dakar. Hows is Nebraska in the heart of the summer?

watrboy

Observer
Yesterday ended our local bike week. Logged 150 miles yesterday and maybe 1 out of 20 Harley guys waved and Im on a dual sport Dakar. Hows is Nebraska in the heart of the summer?

Must be a "happy to see you" thing. :wavey:
I know if you get off the interstate in Montana, most every one waves at everyone.
Broadus, MT has highway signs advertising that they wave to everybody.
I have found that the rudest time of the year is when Sturgis is in season. I have been treated poorly more often by other bikers in season.

dcg141

Adventurer
The wave was ok back when there were not very many of us on the road. Now, I'm kinda over it. I ride a KTM for full disclosure.

belstaff

belstaff
knees in the breeze

For it it's kinda a respect thing for me.

If you take the time to gear up("ATGATT")That takes time & effort & at 104* outside a desire to ride--respect---I'll wave

If you chose a tank top, shorts & flip-flops & your Naive enough to think that the loss of skin & broken bones WON"T happen simply because your lucky at the roulette wheel. ----respect -----I'll wave

If your the guy that rides without a helmet because your mom, teachers & wife all tell you are"THICK HEADED" & that's the same as a helmet ---respect---I'll wave.

If it's just a quick run to the corner convenience store for a six-pac & cigarettes before the game---respect ---I'll wave

After 59 years of riding & owning a variety of bikes most have never seen or heard of, & at 73, I have respect for anyone that puts their knees in the breeze.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giobarra