Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why I don't like BMW's.

Quote Originally Posted by ted_ted View Post
    You need to move to Chadron Nebraska where EVERYONE waves at EVERYONE. It always catches tourists by surprise and after a day or two they start waving at everyone also. Nebraska does show you their slogan as you enter the state "Nebraska, the good life"
    Yesterday ended our local bike week. Logged 150 miles yesterday and maybe 1 out of 20 Harley guys waved and Im on a dual sport Dakar. Hows is Nebraska in the heart of the summer?
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Land Cruiser Products

Quote Originally Posted by LandCruiserPhil View Post
    Yesterday ended our local bike week. Logged 150 miles yesterday and maybe 1 out of 20 Harley guys waved and Im on a dual sport Dakar. Hows is Nebraska in the heart of the summer?

Must be a "happy to see you" thing.
    I know if you get off the interstate in Montana, most every one waves at everyone.
    Broadus, MT has highway signs advertising that they wave to everybody.
    I have found that the rudest time of the year is when Sturgis is in season. I have been treated poorly more often by other bikers in season.

The wave was ok back when there were not very many of us on the road. Now, I'm kinda over it. I ride a KTM for full disclosure.

Default knees in the breeze

For it it's kinda a respect thing for me.

If you take the time to gear up("ATGATT")That takes time & effort & at 104* outside a desire to ride--respect---I'll wave

If you chose a tank top, shorts & flip-flops & your Naive enough to think that the loss of skin & broken bones WON"T happen simply because your lucky at the roulette wheel. ----respect -----I'll wave

If your the guy that rides without a helmet because your mom, teachers & wife all tell you are"THICK HEADED" & that's the same as a helmet ---respect---I'll wave.

If it's just a quick run to the corner convenience store for a six-pac & cigarettes before the game---respect ---I'll wave

After 59 years of riding & owning a variety of bikes most have never seen or heard of, & at 73, I have respect for anyone that puts their knees in the breeze.
    Last edited by belstaff; 07-25-2017 at 02:34 AM.

Well said. I still wave at everyone, maybe they won't make it to the next time.

Default Hardleys...

In my part of the world (upper midwest USA) most riders wave. I would say the highest % of riders that dont are on Harleys. just my 2 cents.

I wave to scooters some times. If they aren't just some kid going to class at least.
    Gabriel Johnston
    Test Technologist, Polaris Industries
    Anoka, MN
    www.rallybimmer.com

I'm a pretty friendly guy overall, but I admit the waving thing gets a bit tiresome. If it went away I'd be pretty okay with that.
    Bicycles rule.

:waves: Being from a small South Georgia town I was brought up waving all the time and that was just riding around in the car. It was like saying "yes ma'am" and "yes sir" or holding the door for a lady, its just being good and nice so thats why I like waving! It also kind of counters the "the get off my lawn" old guy attitude I find creeping up on me sometimes. I like riding just about any bike, even BMWs!
    Last edited by hansrober; 09-21-2017 at 03:41 AM.
    "my political ideal is democracy. let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized."
    - albert einstein

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345