Thread: 1973 Wagoneer - Full Size SHTF and camping goodness!

Great score!
    Dennis Garman
    http://www.dennisgarmanleather.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/GarmansWorkshop
    Ruff - '79 Ford Bronco
    Ben - '77 Jeep J-10 Shortbed
    Hondo - '82 Harley FXRS Shovelhead
    Dice - '78 Jeep Wagoneer

Quote Originally Posted by DGarman View Post
    Great score!
    X2!
    Great manifold. Will look good all dressed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Comanche Scott View Post
    X2!
    Great manifold. Will look good all dressed out.
    This could beocme a very slippery slope.

Well, i'm pulling the intake....might as well do the timing set.....well, timing cover is off.....

fast forward a year and the engine is still in pieces in the garage and at the machine shops.
    Marn's 1973 Wagoneer and 1980 Pop-Up Camper Build Thread

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
    This could beocme a very slippery slope.

Well, i'm pulling the intake....might as well do the timing set.....well, timing cover is off.....

fast forward a year and the engine is still in pieces in the garage and at the machine shops.
    That's my M.O.
    So, just swap the manifold and call it good.
    Or buy a spare engine, and build that one. Then just do the swap when you're ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Comanche Scott View Post
    Or buy a spare engine, and build that one. Then just do the swap when you're ready.
    thats kind of what I did last time. My engine had a bunch of bottom end noise "well, i just need a runner that i can use until i build my original engine"

Went and picked up one from a 1987 grand wag with 155k on the odometer for $225. "This should work" and dropped it in the wag and put the original one on a stand.

Flash forward 6 years and like 20,000 miles.....still running that one from the 87! Gave my other one to a scrapper when I left Vegas because I didn't feel like moving it.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

I'm in the "Swap and call it good" camp too! I'm finding that a running Jeep is WAY more fun than a high performance Jeep that needs tinkering with or is in pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by lumpskie View Post
    I'm in the "Swap and call it good" camp too! I'm finding that a running Jeep is WAY more fun than a high performance Jeep that needs tinkering with or is in pieces.
    Amen Brother!
    I pulled the front axle out of the Scout a year ago (literally), and still haven't made time to rebuild it...
    So sits the Scout.

Sooooo after I had to reach back out to MSD they’re telling me, literally in as few words ‘it’s your HEI’

Apparently HEI’s put out a weak tach signal and that’s MAYBE what’s causing my issue.

So I can run an MSD 6A type box...or something. We’ll see if I act on this. If I’m changing up my ignition and spending money I’m going to get t set up for timing control which I do not think is possible with a standard HEI distributor so that will need replacing as well.

Think you'll like the spark timing control. Should also be good for fuel mileage.

Just read through the thread. Seriously what a great jeep! Love all the work you've done to it. Very good mix of build and adventure pics. Looking forward to seeing more.

Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast