Sportsmobile and All Terrain Warriors team up

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Progress photos of the interior.....looking rearward. . Obviously no door handles but the electrical, plumbing and fitting of much hardware still has to be done. I think it's on it's way to an RV show for an early showing even though not 100% complete.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

OK......just got these too. Showing the new alloy front and rear bars. Note the Warn winch tucked into the rear bar.......this is also used to raise the rear tyre cradle up and down as well as typical recovery.

image.jpg

image.jpg

haven

Expedition Leader
Hi John,

Thanks for sharing these photos. I'm sure the Sportsmobile booth will be popular at SEMA.

Any reason why the ATW camper wouldn't fit on an older Fuso chassis? Long wheelbase model, correct? Sportsmobile would have to agree to install it, of course.

The current Fuso needs ultra low sulfur diesel, which is hard to find south of USA. And mechanics south of the border are more likely to be familiar with the older 4.9L engine and transmission.

whatcharterboat

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing these photos. I'm sure the Sportsmobile booth will be popular at SEMA.

Any reason why the ATW camper wouldn't fit on an older Fuso chassis? Long wheelbase model, correct? Sportsmobile would have to agree to install it, of course.

You are welcome Chip........and there should be no issue fitting to a 140....... The Global Warrior module will fit in the Australian FG 84 with no issue and they are virtually the same chassis as a 140 as far as we know. See below
image.jpg

Regards John.

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Apparantly the teak doors have been fitted with pressure catches so no handles required. Sorry if there was any confusion.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Mods, is it possible to have Keyne's crossposts consolidated into Mitsubishi Heavy Truck so we don't have multiple response threads going, please?

cowboy4x4

Explorer
There is going to be one of these at the Toys for Tots gig that Dave puts on every year. It will be at the Hungry Valley OHV in CA. area this year in Dec.

garybo

Adventurer
Any approximate guess of end weight with fluids, spares, etc? The Fuso chassis should be about 6000 lbs. GVWR 14000 lbs.

whatcharterboat

Hi Gary,

How are you mate?

5200kg should be a ballpark dry weight for an Australian Isuzu NPS single cab with a Global Warrior conversion. Some obviously come in heavier with a second winch or boat loader or heavy roof racks, etc.......... Full of fuel and water more like 5600 or 5700kg....maximum allowable weight on an NPS or FG is 6500kg so well within limits. A Fuso FG would be around 180kg less.

Last edited:

waveslider

Outdoorsman
New ExPortal member here. I'm looking to "revive" this thread a bit. As a current SMB owner that's looking to the future in terms of what our next vehicle will be, the ATW option intrigues me.

Are there any more pics and details available, beyond all those I've already seen on the websites and a couple of rag write-ups? Also, are there any current owners that can comment on performance experiences like towing capability, low gears, or anything else a prospective owner might want to know about?

Also, I'd like to get a sense for the build quality coming out of SMB and is it comparable to their current builds or is it a "cut above" so-to-speak.

Just looking for real world data and/or additional comments and pics.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to learning more.

MJCake1

I do. Just bought SMB's 2015 floor model. Don't tow anything with it though. Was a bit surprised they didn't change out the fenders after increasing the wheel size. I cracked the fenders my first offroad trip. They are replacing them with Isuzu off road fenders from Australia next month. A few minor issues with build quality like short screws coming out, awning sticking, solar panel failure and sloppy butt connection on a another one coming loose. Door limiter straps popping out when wind grabbed them. SMB has been very helpful and professional about taking care of everything and I can't really complain. Cost: $ 280,000.00. ouch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles