Super cool Dodge

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
I saw this for sale at a stealership near Thornton Colorado. It has the diesel of course, the side steps swing down when the door opens then retract when closed, the ARE topper is just too cool - metal frame reinforced and very hurky looking. Then there is the assorted bling items. Over all, I thought it worthy of mention to this august group.

Neat truck. My parents have a 2003 3/4 ton Dodge 4x4 with the Cummins engine. They get 21-23 mpg when driving unloaded on the highway. When they get sick of it maybe they will give it to me and I could make one of those? Pipe dreams... Pipe dreams... :)

Bjorn

805gregg

Adventurer
olympiccop2002 said:
Neat truck. My parents have a 2003 3/4 ton Dodge 4x4 with the Cummins engine. They get 21-23 mpg when driving unloaded on the highway. When they get sick of it maybe they will give it to me and I could make one of those? Pipe dreams... Pipe dreams... :)

Bjorn

You can get that mileage at 55 mph but at freeway speeds more like 16-18.

theMec

Adventurer
805gregg said:
You can get that mileage at 55 mph but at freeway speeds more like 16-18.
Cummins do pretty good if you don't mess up the aerodynamics too much. My last trip from Boulder, CO to Green River, UT (I-70) was 21.3 mpg. I drive 80+ when I can. On the way back (Green River + a bunch of 4x4 + I-70 to Idaho Springs, CO (yeah one tank), I got 19.5mpg. I didn't get this kind of mileage until about 28k though. Takes awhile to break diesels in.

Oh BTW, I'm new here. Welcome to me! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz