XJ Map Storage?

00XJ

Hey everyone, new guy here with an odd question. Where do you store your maps and atlases? Mine are too big for a glove box and XJs don't have front seat pockets. I'm thinking about making a binder of sorts that's easy for the driver to access, but don't know where to put it.

RangeBrover

Explorer
I usually keep mine in the seat back pockets, my buddy got some Wet Okole seat covers for his 95 XJ with the seat back pockets as an option and is very happy with them.

Chris2000XJ

Hey everyone, new guy here with an odd question. Where do you store your maps and atlases? Mine are too big for a glove box and XJs don't have front seat pockets. I'm thinking about making a binder of sorts that's easy for the driver to access, but don't know where to put it.

Under the visor, drivers side. Generally, I don't keep a whole lot of maps in the cherokee at any one time. Normally its just a topographical map from mytopo.com of the area surrounding my cabin.

BlackClassic

If Not Now When?
I usually stick my Maine atlas between the console and the passenger seat. Annoying for the passenger but not my problem haha, but in the case of a passenger I stick in the pocket behind the seat in seat cover.

Chili

Explorer
I keep my Rhode Island Atlas in my back pocket.. And my Texas Atlas has to stay on the roof rack.

Sorry, carry on.. In a silly mood.

:p

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
How about a pvc pipe, one end capped and one end with a screw on?
maybe attached to the headliner or under the rear seat??

mekcanix

Camper
How about a pvc pipe, one end capped and one end with a screw on?
maybe attached to the headliner or under the rear seat??

I have this set up bolted to the back passenger side cargo area just at the bottom of the window works great and is water and critter proof

marcall

Observer
Cabela's makes a good seat cover and it's got all kinds of pockets on the back. I stick my Australian 4wd and Overland Journals in there when I go camping. I've never tried an atlas but I'm pretty sure one would fit. Maps obviously would.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94