Disabled Explorers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AngryRedBird

I delete my post, because my above post were not open for discussion. and if given the opportunity to delete post, I will do so. yes this is my downfall. But here is what I'm getting out of those who enter the disable area hoping to find someone to talk with.. I've offer upon several occasions to help a few of theor here, better their life by posting topics relevant to accessibility issues within their vehicles.. One must realize that in life (away from the forums) we maybe disabled or have physical issues which hinder us from performing insula tacks.. yet when we enter the forums or create blogs.. no one has to know that we are disabled.. yet we wear this disability where ever we go.. All I see is self pity.. and those not wanting to make a difference in someone elses life. In one instance.. a member has a forum.. and offers a link for other disabled person to join.. yet without registering with the forum.. one can not read anything. Then this person wonders why no one is visiting the forum.. What I'm getting from this persons forum, is that they want to be heard, just not seen.. or is my assumption incorrect on this.. Like I said.. in the real world, one may be limited or even stared at.. But while online.. who has to know that you've lost an arm, or legs etc.. here, we are who we've chosen others to perceive us to be.

Last edited:

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Sorry, I still don't see it. You first posted about people laughing at disabled people, and how it was bad that ablebodied people could read and perhaps point and laugh. And now it is the fact that people aren't able to read it before joining that is a problem. So, how the hell do you want it? You are angry regardless of the situation, and you seem to project quite a lot when it comes to disabilities. I, for one, do not hide my disability around here. I don't wear it on the sleeve either as it is just one more thing to deal with in my life, and not the thing in my life.

You talk about self-pity, yet you seem to dissatisfied with everything, and how you feel like a second grade citizen and so on. Luckily, I quoted most of your other posts, before you decided to delete all of them. Just because I don't think the rest of the world should cater to my sensibilites, and do so so prominently that others are put by the wayside, does not mean I do not want to make a difference in the world. It is just that I am more interested in being part of something and also deal with my own problems.

I don't want my disability to dictate everything else in life. In fact, your aggressive stance makes me think that perhaps we should just shut the hell up and deal with our problems in silence. It really is an embarresment when you talk as if a disability is an entitlement to dictate everything around you, including freaking webdesign!

If you are so pernickity about web design, how about you made your own god damn forum? It could have the sole focus of disabilities, and people like me could avoid it like the plague, because we'd rather share our hobbies, than our disabilities.

If you are in doubt about wanting to be "seen", I already explained why we as group-within-a-group should be where we already are, as a natural part of how forums work, I think you should reread those posts, and then think again. If you're still hankering to "be seen" as in "prominently", why not make your own forum? Oh, I get it, it's just that the entire world is not catering to your sensibilites. Yes, I purposely did not write "disability", because, let's face it: It is all about your sensibilities, and not about your disability, or even your hobby.

Oh, I forgot to mention (because of your run-on paragraph), that "one" does remember that "one" deals with "one's" disability in the real world, as I have freaking lost a leg myself! You talk about self-pity, yet you seem to enjoy taking your sweet time to indulge in it yourself.
Me? I have lost a leg. So freaking what? I still want to enjoy things, and that is just one more hurdle to overcome. You, on the other hand?

And here's the quote for history's sakes:

I delete my post, because my above post were not open for discussion. and if given the opportunity to delete post, I will do so. yes this is my downfall. But here is what I'm getting out of those who enter the disable area hoping to find someone to talk with.. I've offer upon several occasions to help a few of theor here, better their life by posting topics relevant to accessibility issues within their vehicles.. One must realize that in life (away from the forums) we maybe disabled or have physical issues which hinder us from performing insula tacks.. yet when we enter the forums or create blogs.. no one has to know that we are disabled.. yet we wear this disability where ever we go.. All I see is self pity.. and those not wanting to make a difference in someone elses life. In one instance.. a member has a forum.. and offers a link for other disabled person to join.. yet without registering with the forum.. one can not read anything. Then this person wonders why no one is visiting the forum.. What I'm getting from this persons forum, is that they want to be heard, just not seen.. or is my assumption incorrect on this.. Like I said.. in the real world, one may be limited or even stared at.. But while online.. who has to know that you've lost an arm, or legs etc.. here, we are who we've chosen others to perceive us to be.

A

AngryRedBird

Based on your comment above, this is the reason forums are the way they are.. people always have to find the negativity in others and in their post.. yet are not able to stand back and look at themselves for their own faults. I know my faults.. do you know yours?. having been banned by nearly all the jeep or auto related forums since 04, There's no reason for me to continue posting, but I do.. and then if one is allowed to delete a post, then I will.. because the topic has gone or exceeded it's run and needs to be closed or deleted.. thus I delete it.

Although I'm in the experimental phase of creating my own forum.. who will join?.. prb no one bases on my past unsuccessful forums.. My wife sums this up best.. I live in a politically correct world.. yet I'm politically incorrect. thus I don't fit into any one area or my comments are viewed as objectionable, harsh and even idiotic.. So am I disabled?.. No.. as long as I can get around, drag myself into my jeep and drive to colorado and back and actually enjoy it.. and if one thinks that everyone has to have correct sentence structure in order to participate in these forums.. the forums or chat in general would not survive. Either one understand, or one doesn't.

What's missing?.. human contact, human kindness and the lack of connectivity with others that have the same thoughts and needs to explore with like minds. Oh and let's not forget positive thinking.. In essence.. are you the same in person as you are in the forums?.. I doubt it.. these means of communication tend to allow one to be something that they are not.. This IS me.. and I'll be this way even if you spoke with me in person.. there aren't any barriers or walls within my world.. Just lack of support, creativity and positive thinking as directed from others.

Personally I'm tired of all the negativity.. They say one should seek out and find the good or positive in things and people.. but when I come online and speak openly about my projects and ideas.. I do not get positive results or comments..

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Based on your comment above, this is the reason forums are the way they are.. people always have to find the negativity in others and in their post.. yet are not able to stand back and look at themselves for their own faults.

Oh, the irony after your posts denigrating any and all efforts to cater to you, after which you deleted your posts.

I know my faults.. do you know yours?. having been banned by nearly all the jeep or auto related forums since 04, There's no reason for me to continue posting, but I do.. and then if one is allowed to delete a post, then I will.. because the topic has gone or exceeded it's run and needs to be closed or deleted.. thus I delete it.
Yes, I see you do so. And "having been banned by nearly all the jeep or auto related forums since 04" is hardly something to brag about. Perhaps that is why you delete your posts - because you think deleting them after being aggressive and unreasonable somehow will make you less prone to being banned?

Although I'm in the experimental phase of creating my own forum.. who will join?.. prb no one bases on my past unsuccessful forums.. My wife sums this up best.. I live in a politically correct world.. yet I'm politically incorrect.
Don't give me that martyrdom ****e. You're decreeing how things should be run, that because you have a disability (like many others have, yours truly not an exception), that everyone should do as you dictate and that the world should revolve around your sensibilities.

thus I don't fit into any one area or my comments are viewed as objectionable, harsh and even idiotic.. So am I disabled?.. No.. as long as I can get around, drag myself into my jeep and drive to colorado and back and actually enjoy it.. and if one thinks that everyone has to have correct sentence structure in order to participate in these forums.. the forums or chat in general would not survive. Either one understand, or one doesn't.
The problem isn't that I, for one, do not understand you. The problem is that I object to the entitlement BS you throw around.

What's missing?.. human contact, human kindness and the lack of connectivity with others that have the same thoughts and needs to explore with like minds.

If you hadn't deleted your posts for fear of incriminating yourself, I would ask you to reread your posts. I would do that, because it was all about your sensibilities, and how they should not "hide" a disability forum away as a subforum, all the while you cried about people perhaps laughing at disabilities, and they being able to read what we posted out of sheer curiosity.

Oh and let's not forget positive thinking.. In essence.. are you the same in person as you are in the forums?.. I doubt it.. these means of communication tend to allow one to be something that they are not..
You can doubt it all you want. I am what you see, although I swear much more in real life. I might even have called your requests idiotic in real life.
This IS me.. and I'll be this way even if you spoke with me in person.. there aren't any barriers or walls within my world..
Oh, I get it: Everyone else but you are most likely not the same person as they are on a forum. But you: You are special.

Just lack of support, creativity and positive thinking as directed from others.
There has NOT been a lack of support, creativity, or postive thinking from others. There has been you trying to dictate how things should be, and in the same breath dictating things should be the opposite. All the while crying foul..
Personally I'm tired of all the negativity.. They say one should seek out and find the good or positive in things and people.. but when I come online and speak openly about my projects and ideas.. I do not get positive results or comments..
Maybe, just maybe, that is because you try to make the world revolve around you and your wants - even if those wants are direct opposites (i.e. "noone should be able to read what a disabled person write out of sheer curiosity" and "a disability forum should not be hidden - either as a subforum or not able to be read without signing up".

And here it is in full length for posterity:
Based on your comment above, this is the reason forums are the way they are.. people always have to find the negativity in others and in their post.. yet are not able to stand back and look at themselves for their own faults. I know my faults.. do you know yours?. having been banned by nearly all the jeep or auto related forums since 04, There's no reason for me to continue posting, but I do.. and then if one is allowed to delete a post, then I will.. because the topic has gone or exceeded it's run and needs to be closed or deleted.. thus I delete it.

Although I'm in the experimental phase of creating my own forum.. who will join?.. prb no one bases on my past unsuccessful forums.. My wife sums this up best.. I live in a politically correct world.. yet I'm politically incorrect. thus I don't fit into any one area or my comments are viewed as objectionable, harsh and even idiotic.. So am I disabled?.. No.. as long as I can get around, drag myself into my jeep and drive to colorado and back and actually enjoy it.. and if one thinks that everyone has to have correct sentence structure in order to participate in these forums.. the forums or chat in general would not survive. Either one understand, or one doesn't.

What's missing?.. human contact, human kindness and the lack of connectivity with others that have the same thoughts and needs to explore with like minds. Oh and let's not forget positive thinking.. In essence.. are you the same in person as you are in the forums?.. I doubt it.. these means of communication tend to allow one to be something that they are not.. This IS me.. and I'll be this way even if you spoke with me in person.. there aren't any barriers or walls within my world.. Just lack of support, creativity and positive thinking as directed from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles