Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970

Thread: 2002 Pathfinder (R50) Build Thread by Allof75

So while inspecting underneath today after a shooting trip yesterday, I found out that BOTH of my CV boots are torn. :/ They had been looking dry, but I didn't expect them to both go at the same time. Does anyone have experience with replacing the boots themselves?

Here's a couple shots of where the tearing must have occurred, luckily my manual hubs will prevent the axle from turning while broken now...
    I hit Calico Ghost Town to try out my new Springfield XD9 9mm, it was 105* but everything worked smoothly, minus the pathy's temp climbing a bit on one long uphill.

2002 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 (R50)
    Leveled OME MD Lift, 245/75r16 Cooper AT3s, Rigids, HIDs, Skidplates, Sleeping Platform, Bilstein 5100s, Magnaflow, Rack, CB, odds and ends.

"Some men climb mountains because they're there. Some men drive off-road because it's nowhere." - Tom Collins

Huell Howser made me do it.
    Allof75

Love the updates, sucks that the pictures are gone. I am thinking of building a sleeping platform for my 01 QX4. I can see the finished product, but not the build process.....
    Keep up the updates! I love this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by bergi85 View Post
    Love the updates, sucks that the pictures are gone. I am thinking of building a sleeping platform for my 01 QX4. I can see the finished product, but not the build process.....
    Keep up the updates! I love this thread!
    Unfortunately I did not take many pictures of the process! It occurred over several weekends, but I can provide specs. Sorry

done my boots, a few times....nothing to worry about. there are a few YouTube videos. If you are gonna bother to remove the axle, replace the boot. is cheep just time consuming. The only thing I can say is that it is messy....oh and DO NOT hammer on the end of the CV axle....don't ask..To get the axle out it is best to remove the ball joint from the lower A-arm. there are 3 nuts 13 or 14mm. no need to remove the castle nut from the ball joint. but by removing it from the A arm (Control arm?) it makes it easier to get the cv axle shaft out. oh and yeas disconnect the strut at the bottom as well.

Looking good thanks for the updates and pictures.
    2011 Toyota Tundra TRD Rock Warrior W/
    1996 Cache Camper
    1995 Toyota T100
    2014 Ti Fatback with some bikepacking bags
    1984 Koga-Myata Traveler full road tour kit FOR SALE
    1995 Trek 930 dirtbag bike

Expedition Portal Member #4318

Past rigs:2000 Nissan D22 Last-Frontier-Build
    1974 VW Type II
    1985 BMW E28 euro M5 Summer

Thank you for the advice on repair, I've since had the axle replaced with a new unit by my mechanic. What I also discovered is that my inner tie did boots are also shot, so those will probably be a job done by me.

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970