KTM 1190 Adventure R first photos

Clutch

<---Pass
I switched awhile ago when the Hard Parts catalog had tons more upgrade components bred from race technology while BMW simply had key fobs, stainless steel coffee mugs and so forth. Like I said, it looks like KTM is headed the same direction that BMW went in the 90s....the prioritization of talent seems to be shifting to their marketing department.

I don't see it that way, they have more KTM labeled aftermarket parts in their hard parts catalog than any other....along with coffee makers. (Ha Ha!) They offer more dirt models than any other company out there. So they are making their adventure bike a little more street oriented so it appeals to a wider audience. I think for good reason as most people don't know how to ride in the dirt. There are only a few people (collectively speaking) that really know how to put a 990 through its' paces.

They need to keep the company profitable.

Perhaps we will see a middle weight 700-800cc Adv bike from them too, seems like that is what most of the more dirt oriented guys want that anyway. Actually just a plain ol' 690 works for that, you really don't need any of that BS fairing crap or 800cc anyway.

For me this is the perfect ADV style bike...650ccish, big fuel tank, big light, go!!!!!!!!

921344184_Cq2HJ-L.jpg

For two up riding, I would consider that new 1190, though.

It is too bad that the new 1190 style looks like everything else in that class, what is up with beak front ends? Kinda like all modern cars I guess...all look like eggs now. :elkgrin:

Last edited:

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i have never really been a fan of the 950/990 styling. i think it was mostly the side profile on the tank and fairing and it was so long, or at least it looked long. i like the styling of this bike much better and i do hope they go the route of BMW in one way, that they offer this version in an 800cc size at maybe 100lbs lighter.

Clutch

<---Pass
i have never really been a fan of the 950/990 styling. i think it was mostly the side profile on the tank and fairing and it was so long, or at least it looked long. i like the styling of this bike much better and i do hope they go the route of BMW in one way, that they offer this version in an 800cc size at maybe 100lbs lighter.

I dunno I kinda liked the styling, it was so ugly it was beautiful. I do think it works better on the 690 Rally...not so looong.

690rally_1.jpg

800 would be nice too (not that I would buy one), would really love a 650 in the 500 chassis though. Like Husaberg used to have...that would be the cat's meow for Cruel Sport riding.

60+ HP in a 250 lbs. chassis would be awfully nice.....

1803911507_17834383f6.jpg

Last edited:

RHINO

Expedition Leader
60+ HP in a 250 lbs. chassis would be awfully nice.....

i almost have that with my ATK605, but almost isnt the same, i have always wanted an FE650 just never found one when i was looking.

maybe my eyes are cross, but the 690 rally looks completely different to me than the twin, i like it enough that i sold my 640a when the 690a was announced so i could be first in line, boy did i get screwed.

for me the perfect cruel sport bike is a minimalistic barely street legal big bore thumper with a big tank.

Clutch

<---Pass
i almost have that with my ATK605, but almost isnt the same, i have always wanted an FE650 just never found one when i was looking.

maybe my eyes are cross, but the 690 rally looks completely different to me than the twin, i like it enough that i sold my 640a when the 690a was announced so i could be first in line, boy did i get screwed.

for me the perfect cruel sport bike is a minimalistic barely street legal big bore thumper with a big tank.

I have been casually looking for a FE650, lots of 550's out there, doesn't take much to convert to a 650. Though my buddy's 2012 KTM 500 XCW sure
is nice. Feels very small for a 510cc bike.

Don't know why KTM hasn't done a 690 ADV, seems like there is plenty of demand. Punched out to 700cc from 643, would be most awesome.

While the fairings look cool, I find the windscreen smacks me in the chest when I am standing on the pegs and hauling *** through the rough stuff.

I had that perfect Cruel Sport, my 505 I had worked amazingly well for my riding style, Acerbis has a 6+ gallon tank for it too. That motor
which is only 477cc, would smoke 525's and 530's. I have been cruel sporting my Gas Gas 300...have been diggin' on that, only draw back is carrying oil.

Think a DI 500cc 2T stroke would be pretty bad *** too, only need oil for the bottom end then, which would use a minimal amount..."supposedly" one tank of oil would last a season of riding. (3 months I am guessing) at least that is what my engineer buddy has told me.

Last edited:

NothingClever

Explorer
I've never grown tired of any KTM in rallye dress. Of course, I like a Suzuki in rallye dress, too and, oooohh, then there's Yamaha, ain't she a beaut? Gas Gas is a sweet little Iberian dancer for sure.

Clutch

<---Pass
I've never grown tired of any KTM in rallye dress. Of course, I like a Suzuki in rallye dress, too and, oooohh, then there's Yamaha, ain't she a beaut? Gas Gas is a sweet little Iberian dancer for sure.

Hear Hear!

Though the Gasser is just a Yammie in a Catalonian Mantilla.

gas-gas-Dakar-Sanz-Guasch-600x400.jpg

396874_10150991203107943_1102328330_n.jpg

RHINO

Expedition Leader
yessir really like the current yamaha style,,, but ohh the days of old, with those big twins thundering around and some pretty dang sexy bodies,,, all time fav is the cagiva elefant. unfortunately owning one (dream come true) just wasnt up to my romanticized expectations. or maybe i just wasnt ready for the bike and still wanted to ride too hard off road.

Clutch

<---Pass
The Cagiva Elefant is a sexy beast for sure...

cagiva-elefant-650-01.jpg

I stumbled upon this, not a rally bike or offroad.

CR600, read the Liger cylinder can be punched out to 680cc, and tuned to just under 100 HP.

I envision laying the super bikes to waste up the local mountain here.

579759_10151172663579630_654474888_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz