Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you guys using for boots?

Default What are you guys using for boots?

Just curious, but what are you guys most commonly using for boots? Full blown offroad boots? Adventure touring boots? Road biased footwear?
    Bicycles rule.

Most guys here use MX boots or full offroad. I use BMW GS boots

I use Asolo hiking boots. Im about to also buy a pair of Alico's and waterproof them.
    Semper Fi
    My KLR build

I use Gaerne G-Adventures. I have only been riding for 2 years, and never rode dirtbikes as a kid. I had some A-Stars Tech 3s and found them to difficult to ride in due to the stiffness of them. The Gs don't offer as much ankle protection, but they are more suited than a "normal" boot. I will occasionally wear a hiking boot when commuting (like today).

Lace up work boots, currently Wolverine brand.

goodtimes is offline Expedition Portal Moderator Expedition Poseur
    I typically wear an older pair of Sidi Discovery II's.

If the trip is limited to pavement or graded dirt roads & also includes more than just casual walking around while taking breaks, I'll wear my hiking boots (which cover the ankle).
    "Life is meant to be enjoyed, not endured" ~someone

Default Work Boots

I wear lace up 8" work boots, steel shank, and steel toe along with an Aerostich Darien pants and coat with pads. I crashed earlier this summer on a single track and pushed a foot peg thru my shin to the bone. Didn't really notice until the blood soaked my pants and was running out the bottom of my leg. Whether a MC boot would have stopped that or not is questionable. It did not tear my Darien Pants and when I pulled the pants up the blood was squirting with each beat.
    I have been looking at MC boots for some time and not totally sold on the concept. I also cracked two ribs and suffered what the Dr. called soft tissue damage on my leg. All with out tearing my gear. It was not one crash, but numerous get offs on the same weekend.
    Some times ATGATT just keeps you able to go back to work on Monday. I was thankful for that. I also will pick my riding partners better.

I ride alone a lot now exploring.

Oakley Sabot Mids. Lightweight, breathable, supportive and uber comfie for my paddles. $100. The only negative: Since I literally wear them everyday I only get about 8-months out of the sole tread. But in addition to Land Cruiser camping...that also includes some rock trail hiking, hunting, hiking to fishing spots, etc.
    2007 Chevy LBZ HD2500
    1999 Toyota 100-Series Land Cruiser: Adventure rig, many mods
    2016 TrailTailor custom trailer
    2009 Kimberly Sports RV: Sold
    2006 Adventure Trailers Horizon: Sold

No Espresso = Depresso

Loving the Alpinestars Scout boot....
    Heidi - KF7CKI
    ESSAYONS!
    1985 Vanagon GL Diesel Convert

1998 Isuzu Trooper S

Used to wear Vasque Wasatach GTXs.

Made primarly for hiking, they are awesome in cool to cold weather (gortex and near waterproof), but don't breathe well, and can get heavy.

Loved them for five years until they started growing things.
    1968 CJ5, V6, Powr-Lok rear, 3.73s, t14/d18/d30/d44 FF, manual everything , "The Proud Mary."
    1992 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 SE, now gone. Final score 233,974.3 miles.
    1993 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 SE, 3.4, BFGs, Calmini steering, 4 wheel disc. Former MotoIQ project car
    1968 Mercury Cougar XR7, Ford 302, bored .40, domed pistons, Holley four barrel.
    1971 Honda CB450k Cafe Conversion (came that way)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast