What are you guys using for boots?

Frank

Explorer
My Alico's came in yesterday from Sierra Trading post and I must say that these boots will last a long time and will be an awesome boot for motorcycle travel. A nice thick Vibram sole, full grain leather, awesome laces and eyelets, and full support past the ankle make it a great boot. They will probably take a lot to get broke in.

Reviews say they do great in the cold with a proper sock.

I did water proof them with Nick-wax.

pixelcodex

Observer
Another vote for Alpinestars Scouts. They are a nice cross between a street boot and an MX, because they have those type of buckles. I like also that you can walk normally with them, so you don't look like you got off a horse when you stop for some chow or gas. They are a bit hot for the summer, specially cause I wear long socks with them, but they are waterproof, as I have tested several times.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I've been wearing the Sidi Adventure Rains for the past two years. I like how the upper part of the boot closes with Velcro. The lower half uses the clamps like moto-x boots. This allows me to get all my pants over them. Super comfortable on all day rides, and easy to walk around in. (Even if they do squeak like crazy)
IMG00278-20110524-1341.jpg

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
(Even if they do squeak like crazy)

I use Danner boot dressing to eliminate the squeaking. Mink Oil is also used by many with positive reports. (I'm fairly certain Danner Boot Dressing IS mink oil or very similar).

I almost got rid of my Adventures due to the squeaking. Applying the dressing 2-3x per year saved them.

traveltoad

Aaron S
SIDI Crossfires. Even in town.

Once in a great while I will wear the old SIDI Discoveries... but IMO they do not offer enough protection.

gromit

Bad Buddhist
Gaerne Oiled Balance. Getting mine resoled next week after 4 years of abuse. They're reasonably protective and comfortable right out of the box. They also fit my wide feet. Gritted my teeth when i wrote the check for them and have been glad I did ever since.

lonestrom

Adventurer
Gaerne Oiled Balance. Getting mine resoled next week after 4 years of abuse. They're reasonably protective and comfortable right out of the box. They also fit my wide feet. Gritted my teeth when i wrote the check for them and have been glad I did ever since.

Ordered up a pair last night !!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
SiDi Adventure Rain boots. Use a boot that is water proof and that is protective of your ankle. I love these. They are easy to get in and out of. Comfortable to walk in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles