What are you guys using for boots?

lonestrom

Adventurer
Just received my Balance oiled boots and rode to work and back in a heavy rain storm and my feet were warm and dry.These boots are amazingly comfy right out of the box !!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
I really like my Sidi Adventures, but if there had been a local shop that had the Gaerne Balance Oiled for me to try on I likely would have gone that route. Probably not as protective as the Sidis, but I think they are far more covert. I could see wearing the Gaernes under jeans all day. The Sidis still look like motorcycle boots. And although they are comfortable and I could hike several miles in them if needed, I'm not sure I would enjoy spending all day in them.

lonestrom

Adventurer
On day 2 of ownership I wore my Balance Oiled out last night to a bar and danced a little..AMAZING how a new boot/shoe could be so comfy..If I had not read about there LONG life span I would assume the instant comfort level came with a short life span but people wear these boots for years !!.
I also have 2 pairs of FLY offroad only boots for the knarley stuff.

Last edited:

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
APlinestars Tech 3 enduro boot

another vote from me- take a while to wear in

I ride and intend to come back with all my apendages - so the doc can mend the broken parts

not leaving half my ankle on the tarmac due to road rash and hiking boots

Yep you won't be walking arround the mall in them

They are designed to be protective gear.....not slippers

BlackdogGS

Observer
Danner Melee's. I need to be able to hike and walk comfortably when I arrive. $189.

3fecfd2b3b24c09fb40bf2b8a42ee238_zps5396b728.jpg

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Alpinestar Tech3's.
-
Designed to breath, not water proof. Will get soaked in rain. Still, they are warm. I got plenty of other shoes back at basecamp. When I want to camp with my DRz400, I put it in the back of my truck until I get to the campground.

cchoc

Wilderness Photographer
Sidi Adventure GoreTex. Not great as hiking boots but very comfortable riding and OK for short hikes.

lonestrom

Adventurer
I've got nearly 80,000 miles on a pair of Combat Touring Boots.

Jim

I wanted a pair of CT boots for 10+ years ,but after I got fitted for a pair at the Aerostich traveling road show I decided that year round riding in Seattle with water RESISTANCE boots was not a good idea.
zy9u7a8a.jpg

Went with the Balance oiled boots and never looked back!!
AWSOME,AWSOME BOOTS !!!.

b1pig

was on the fence for weeks on whether to shell out the money for the balance oiled... or wait for the G-Adventure to get restocked. well, yesterday, my wait was over because they got some new G_Adv boots in... so i ordered em. reviews are great. would like to have the Balance boots, but having $100+ still in my pocket is a nice thing!

i've been wearing a pair of wolverine mid-height boots. when i went on a ride with a few other KLR owners 2 weeks ago, i pulled my old pair of rocky patrol boots out of the closet. not much protection in a canavas upper boot... but better than nothing. but its better ankle support than the wolverines.

Black09JK

I've always used MX boots unless I am driving to or from work.

Commuting to work I just wear my Danner Acadia duty boots. Any other time I wear a pair of MX boots.

My wife is buying her first set of street gear and I'm pretty sure I have her sold on the MX boots also. IMO they just offer the maximum amount of protection available. I can see how they are hard to ride in for someone who doesn't have a dirt riding background though.

lonestrom

Adventurer
And hard to walk in and most are not waterproof . BUT they do offer the most protection !!.

_Aaron_

Observer
Nth-ing Sidi Adventure (GTX for me) here. The sizing is...odd, so if you go for 'em be sure to try 'em on. I ended up with a size smaller than my Sidi MTB (or any other) shoes. But then I had to shove a shoe tree in for a few days to get them to expand in width a bit. In the end, a *great* fit.

Comfortable for all day rides, waterproof for the winter! Also pretty sweet looking (IMO) and squeaky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles