What are you guys using for boots?

Badgio

Whats the long term opinion of those x-move boots 3Rrr, are you still happy with them? And has anyone else tried a pair?

wildorange

Observer
I'm currently using Icon ankle boots for spring/summer & Sidi vertigo or new style British Army Gore-tex boots for Autumn/Winter.

Wiley

Adventurer
I like to go over the top with gear and bought some MX boots, the SIDI crossfires come highly recommended....I cannot comment yet as I need to adjust the brake before I try using them, but they seem relatively comfortable new. I am using hiking boots now which probably wouldnt even stay on my feet if I went down on the highway, which I usually avoid, but take it enough to be concerned....so need to get those boots on, then I will see if they are somthing I will wear everyday commuting, or if I need a commuting boot as well.

YetiX

Alpinestars Toucans for serious riding. Great boots for wide feet! Aerostich Combat Lites for commuting.

AtomicGeo

Forma Adventure Boots. Soft Leather, Composite toe, easy to walk in (no Frankenstein effect), comfortable:

attachment.php

KiwiKurt

Explorer
I just received my Gaerne Balanced oiled boots.

Fantastic boot. very very comfortable, sole has a lot of traction, and waterproof. Shin protection etc. Can walk around in them without too much fuss for a moto boot.

I usually wear a size 12 or 12.5 tenni with a wide foot, so i ordered a 13 and came out perfect.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Thanks for that bit of info. I was trying to decide between 12 and 13. Sounds like I need at least a 13.

Yeah, go a size big if in doubt, especially if you have a wide foot.

My 13's fit the way my work boots in a 12 do. I have to tighten the buckles almost all the way, but that leaves room if you need to wear a thicker sock and/or blouse your riding pants into the boot.

I usually order stuff through revzilla, but they charge full retail. Went with motorcycle closeouts and got them for under 300 shipped to my door and had them in a day and a half.

cwvandy

Adventurer
Just switched from Sidi Adventure Goretex to Alpinestars Toucan Goretex. Tried the Toucan on at Atomic Moto here in Bend. Most comfortable motorcycle boot I have ever worn. Great right out of the box. Just did 5 days across the Mojave and they were fantastic. Great review and video at:

http://www.atomic-moto.com/Alpinestars-Toucan-Gore-Tex-Boots_p_1062.html

I can highly recommend Atomic Moto for info, great customer service and product support. The owners and testers are all local to Bend and put everything through the ringer before selling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles