International 4700 Ambo build

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Looking good Baloo!

Scooter...

Thanks!

It has been a blast, dry camping with the ambo's generator to stay cool.

e5f2387b12757b17b901404fae59e522.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Thanks! It is my hobby truck, so it will never actually be done. There is always something else to do on it.

f7b84a941b2edb6e0b1ce48d20507297.jpg

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Thanks! It is my hobby truck, so it will never actually be done. There is always something else to do on it.

We having a saying around our house "never use the F work with trucks", finished is the F word we reference.

I class it as an evolutionary process rather than a defined project.

Good to see it out being used.

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Got the attic box mounted up and ready for grandma’s sweaters.

58370b70d1bdb24126ac7c1ddbe8dee8.jpg

Coachgeo

Explorer
Got the attic box mounted up and ready for grandma's sweaters.

h..../IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]there ya go. Grandma will be happy. Now just add a sheet of plastic? from front lip of cab to just below latches on box to improve aerodynamics and you will get 10mpg back :D Seriously though... a little wind deflector thingy right there might help a tad on long trips if that is in your game plan.

Last edited:

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Installed a tube to hold my registration and insurance information today. Had to remove the dog house to installed it, so I put a new seal on it while I was at it.

82cf18be09320e66983ccbb2628bc75d.jpg

pennersm

Observer
That roller idea is genius! I will definitely put that in my idea toolbox...boy that thing is starting to get full!

Coachgeo

Explorer
good idea. looks like with some small additions you can easily just slide it up till nose is at roller on hood and block it so it can't roll back down. Then climb up to roll her rest of the way onto top and tier her down.

Might be able to stand her on ground with her nose on a pad, middle on hood roller......... and rope on her asz end thrown on the roof. Climb up to roof and then pull the whole shish kabob up onto the roof and tie her down.

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
I am going to mount an ATV winch on the roof so I can just press a button and hoist it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DzlToy

Explorer
^^ That will be painfully slow sir... most electric winches, especially an ATV winch is only going to have 1-2 HP. They create torque with a massive gear reduction, sometimes upwards of 300 to 1. For something as light as a canoe, kayak or alloy Jon boat, roller and a pulley block would be much faster and easier IMO.

Coachgeo

Explorer
but you still got to climb up there to tie her down anyway though... so you might as well just man it up; hand over hand with rope, while your young and healthy.

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
a5b4cee09f51219533d88198bff262c9.jpg

One of those days when I realize how great it is to have an awning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles