What camera do you carry on the trails?

arkadiy

What kind of cameras do people carry on the trails?

I looked for a thread on here about what cameras people carry, but my search came up empty handed. If this thread is out there, and someone could post a link that would be cool. However, if there isn't I think we should start the thread.

I carry a gopro hero2.

Panasonic GF2, one pancake and one telephoto. I also have a 45mm macro and 14-45mm GP.

Awkragt

Adventurer
Nikon D3100 + 35mm 1.8 G (just got it today! My first DSLR:)

Just picked up the same setup as my first DSLR. Getting home from the Redwoods and finding the old point and shoot had taken a whole batch of junk photos in the lowlight under the trees was the last straw! The prime lense is fun, it sure keeps you on your toes.

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Gone through way too much gear over the years ... current setup is Pentax K5ii, 16-50 2.8 and 50-135 2.8. All weather sealed. Pentax weather sealing is first rate, and prices on the gear is quite good (for used lenses that is).

The K5ii is tiny in comparison to other full-featured APS-C cameras (camerasize.com) and only slightly bigger than the Olympus OM-D, which I previously had.

When Olympus gets more weather sealed lenses for the OM-D series, I'll probably move again as I really, really like the Olympus gear. After lugging Nikons and Canons around for 25+ years professionally, small and light is a pleasure (especially if it gets the job done).

crawldit

Adventurer
Mountainsmith Parallax Pro Camera Backpack - 1952cu in

Has plenty of room for camera gear, hiking gear, food and water.

Nikon D300s
Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8 AF-S
Nikon 35mm f/1.8 DX
Nikon TC-20E Teleconverter

teje

I currently use a nikon d3200 and absolutely love it. Still learning many of the features.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

jtpaintball70

Adventurer
I carry a pelican laptop/ camera pack with the following
Nikon D7000
Nikon 18-200 super zoom
Nikon 50mm f/1.8
Rokinon 8mm fisheye
Battery grip, spare batteries, SD cards, and other accessories.

I also can put it in a mountain Smith spectrum pack
Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Tappet

Observer
Canon SX40 Power Shot.

Down Side- No brilliant blow you away shots.

Up Side- Still a good shot every time, light, the zoom.

Shots like this I wouldn't of got with a 200mm lens.
IMG_0306.JPG

Sardog1

Observer
Depends on the trail. Walking the dog on local trails, I carry a Leica d'Lux 4. If I'm somewhere really cool, Canon 5D MkII and one or two lenses. Try to keep things as light as possible.

Randall Dee

Huge Member
Last year I picked up a Fuji x100 for backpacking so that i could leave the DSLR at home. The auto focus can be a little finicky at times, but so far I'm really happy with the image quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles