Coil spring spacers and trailing arm bushings -Mercedes G - W460,461,463

Bullsnake

Adventurer
PM sent - anyone having any issues running 40mm-50mm with brake lines, etc? VERY excited to get mine and get them on the truck!

krnnerdboy

Adventurer
My 40/30 is working out well. I don't see how it would be an issue if your not swapping your shocks for a longer travel.

Tip: on my mbusa g500, it was much easier to remove the front brake line for a quicker install. Also install them on top and you'll notice a much more solid/isolated feeling. I just sprayed them with plastidip to make it less noticeable

Titus Pullo

Adventurer
Just to answer a question - YES, the coil spring spacers and the trailing arm bushings are always available.
I am back from vacation and all orders are shipped, sorry for the little delay.

Is anyone running the 50mm spacers on there 2002+ G-wagen. If so, did you do anything to correct the caster? How did it affect the handling of the vehicle and how do the tires wear? A pic would also be nice. Thx.

zimm

Expedition Leader
Is anyone running the 50mm spacers on there 2002+ G-wagen. If so, did you do anything to correct the caster? How did it affect the handling of the vehicle and how do the tires wear? A pic would also be nice. Thx.

mines a 96, but i could feel the difference, myself. im not sure why there would be a difference between a 96 and 02, here.

from looking at it, i dont think theres enough rotation to fit plates like fj80's use for a 4" lift, so lowering the frame attachment point appears to me to be the only way to get to normal. while the change can be felt, i dont think its near unstable, and in need of an arm drop. i dont do 100+mph, so i wouldnt waste my energy on it.

Motto

The previous owner of my G installed your spacers. I am happy with them so far. But I would like to hear more about Trailing arm bushings. Are there any feedback from buyers of poly bushings ? It really causes lack of damping of vibration due to hardness or starts squeaking? What is the difference of poly vs MB OE that buyers notices after installation?
Thanks
Motto

Titus Pullo

Adventurer
The previous owner of my G installed your spacers. I am happy with them so far. But I would like to hear more about Trailing arm bushings. Are there any feedback from buyers of poly bushings ? It really causes lack of damping of vibration due to hardness or starts squeaking? What is the difference of poly vs MB OE that buyers notices after installation?
Thanks
Motto
there is not many feedback about the bushing set as they are relatively lesser sellers comparing to the spring spacers. I have a customer with '03 G500 who cured his front end death wobble with them and was very happy, as well as few guys from Norway and Iceland that used them on their Icelanders and they were happy as well. The two benefits compared to the OE bushings I know for sure are the lower cost and the ease of installation. Do not heard or being aware of any negatives.
You might want to possibly check on the P3 forum as there is where the most of them were bought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles