Custom Ram laptop mount in G-Wagen for MacBookPro running DeLorme Topo9.0

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I finally got my custom Ram Mounts laptop mount setup all finalized and installed(thanks Russ for the final fab work!). VERY happy with their products, and the flexibility their system offers. Fully height-telescoping, dual swing-outs. It's simple to orientate the laptop towards me, or the passenger can easily use the laptop while riding. Custom rollbar padding to protect the passenger's left leg. It swings out of the way and rests over the center console when not using the laptop.

DSCN1066-vi.jpg

Yes, for those coffee drinkers that care, the net cupholder actually still works, but just barely. I may have an offset bracket fab'd up if the front passenger complains enough. :p
DSCN1067-vi.jpg

DSCN1071-vi.jpg

DSCN1072-vi.jpg

Ram Mounts bracket meant for a Chevy Kodiak, modified G-stylz; :chef:
DSCN1074-vi.jpg

DSCN1075-vi.jpg

DSCN1077-vi.jpg

DSCN1078-vi.jpg

DSCN1079-vi.jpg

I love DeLorme Topo 9.0! So handy when out in the bush. It doesn't always know the name of every road in the middle of nowhere, and I've found a few roads it doesn't even show on screen, but more importantly to me it/the GPS puck easily reference where I'm at compared to where I might want to be. I do carry the DeLorme inReach as well, in case I were to get in an SOS situation. I've given DeLorme my $0.02 about being able to sync inReach breadcrumbs onto a Topo 9.0 track. (Of course if I had the DeLorme PN-60 vs my Garmin 62S it'd all be a bit simpler :)).
DSCN1080-vi.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne